Recent Bangle Builds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BangleGuy

BangleGuy

I am finally getting back into the shop and making bangles :biggrin: and I made this two-tone Amboyna Burl bangle, an Indian Rosewood bangle and a black PR cast Box Elder Burl that was super punky. These are set over stainless steel cores, woman's size 8. Thanks for looking.

Eric

Attachments

• tn_AmboynaSS.jpg
    tn_AmboynaSS.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,229
  • tn_IRW.jpg
    tn_IRW.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 646
  • tn_BEB Black PR.jpg
    tn_BEB Black PR.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 834
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bezdomni

Those look terrific. I've got a few pieces of koa coming back from Hawaii with a buddy. Have you ever used koa for a bangle and, if so, how did it turn out? Not every piece of koa is figured, of course, but the wood takes a nice finish.

Well done. Your bangles are still on my wish list.

Chuck

BangleGuy

How big a blank do you start with?What re the widths of these bangles?Beautiful work sir,Victor

Thanks Victor. I start with a 4" x 4" x 1" block and cut out the bangle blank. I then dry and stabilize the wood. At this point the blank is around 3 1/4" OD x 2 1/4" ID. The finished wood width is 0.61", but I am working on a 'wide' version that will have a .75" wood width. I have an advertisement in the classifieds if you want to learn more. Thanks!

BangleGuy

Those look terrific. I've got a few pieces of koa coming back from Hawaii with a buddy. Have you ever used koa for a bangle and, if so, how did it turn out? Not every piece of koa is figured, of course, but the wood takes a nice finish.

Well done. Your bangles are still on my wish list.

Chuck

Thanks! I have a few blocks of 'curly' Koa that have slight curl. Without the curl, Koa seems to look a little like walnut, and I haven't made a bangle from the blanks because I honestly have a lot better looking wood :) Right now I am casting Red Mallee burl caps in alumilite resin... Now those are really sweet! I hope to make a cast RM bangle next weekend. :biggrin:

Top Bottom