Received wrong items from WoodTurningz

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paulbt1975

Now let me begin by saying I am NOT in any way bashing WoodTurningz. Odd thing happened, I ordered a few pen kits (Magnate) and a plastic finishing kit. I received the package but to my surprise I received some fountain pen kits! I called them right away and they sent out my correct order and they were supposed to send a return envelope so I could send the mis shipped kits, I didn't get the return envelope, called them today and they are going to email me return shipping label. My question I guess has this happened to anyone else? I know returning the kits is the proper thing to do. Honesty is best policy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

d_bondi

Paul, not with this company but yes, it has happened. We have Holiday cards printed up each year, you know, a picture (or two) of the family, a note to everyone, etc. Well a few years ago we got our package of cards on time and when we opened them, they were someone else's cards. We called the company and they reprinted ours and shipped them to us very quickly, but asked that we send the others back at our expense. We told them that it was their mistake and that we would happily send them back, but that they would have to send us a return mailing label. We got our replacement cards, but never received a return label for the others. I guess they decided that spending their own money to return cards that they couldn't sell wasn't very smart. We had given them the information about the cards we received, so I'm guessing that they reprinted and resent those too.

moke

I ordered some blanks from Etsy a couple of weeks ago. They were those "stone-dust" blanks. They were shipped from China wrapped in some bubble wrap but them put into a glorified plastic bag. One of the varieties that I was most interested in was broken in half. I asked for a replacement, an was told it was too expensive to ship just one blank, and they would give me a replacement next time I ordered. I asked them as to where they got their customer service skills and if they really expected me to believe they would remember if I did ever order from them again, which was never going to happen anyway. They told me "to take it easy" and refunded to my paypal account......good Lord...I wonder why I ever order from overseas businesses....but I continue to do it.

greenacres2

Not with Woodturningz, but a few times. One that sticks in mind was supposed to be a box of 5 3M sanding belts for my little ridgid sander--ordered from Amazon Warehouse. A case of 10 boxes of 5 belts arrived. I reached out to Amazon, rep called to clarify that i was trying to send back the excess--told me to keep the extra 45 belts, and refunded my purchase cost for my "inconvenience". Wish i could get that deal on a 5-pack of rib-eye steaks!!

Many years ago I received someone order from PSI. I immediately called PSI. Gave them all the information they requested. They looked it up on their computer, said "Yes, that was someone elses order, thank you for bringing it to our attention in a timely manner. Then told me to keep the order and they would immediately reship the order to the other customer. The order was small, but it was important to PSI and their other customer. That is excellent old fashioned customer service.

Robbie

Now let me begin by saying I am NOT in any way bashing WoodTurningz. Odd thing happened, I ordered a few pen kits (Magnate) and a plastic finishing kit. I received the package but to my surprise I received some fountain pen kits! I called them right away and they sent out my correct order and they were supposed to send a return envelope so I could send the mis shipped kits, I didn't get the return envelope, called them today and they are going to email me return shipping label. My question I guess has this happened to anyone else? I know returning the kits is the proper thing to do. Honesty is best policy.
Had something similar, only had an order lost in shipping from PSI. Received the replacement order after a few days and the very next day, the original order arrived. I called customer service at PSI to actually pay for a second order vice returning it as I could use the items. The very nice lady from PSI told me to keep the items for no charge. Now that's customer service.

JohnU

Stuff Happens and you did the right thing. WoodTurningz are good people and good to the Penturning community. Every year they send hundreds of blanks and discount codes to support the Midwest Penturners Gathering. We always ask our attendees to consider adding a little "thank you for supporting the MPG" in a comment when placing orders with these companies to let them know their generosity doesn't go unnoticed.

PreacherJon

Good man, returning them. I've had it happen on occasion with things I've ordered. Never pen stuff. But it happens... everyone is human. At least that is what I was told.

Sri Pens

To err is Human and to forgive is divine. As long as they acknowledge the mistake and stand by their customers , we can let it go easy .

Top Bottom