Recaptured memories

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plantman

plantman

50 some odd years ago, I bought my wife a little jewelry box for her birthday. While cleaning out my shop this winter I came across it in the back of one of my cabinets warped, water stained, dirty, and long forgotten. I would have had to remove the top, strip off the paint, and refelt the drawers. Instead, I took the measurements off the old one and found some quilted mahogany I had, and made a new one exactly like the old one including the music box that plays when the top middle drawer is opened. This is one of the other projects I have been workng on since the first of the year that can be crossed off the list. Hope you find this interesting !! Do to some heart surgery last weekend, I will be watching the grass grow for the next few weeks. Jm S

Attachments

• DSCN0791 (800x445).jpg
    DSCN0791 (800x445).jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCN0792 (800x424).jpg
    DSCN0792 (800x424).jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Nice work, and nice effort put forth for that important one on your life. It is real good to let 'em know they are appreciated and loved! Good words for you in the preceding post about just letting the grass grow (for now).

OZturner

Beautiful work, Jim.
You can't rush a great project, they take some time to do properly.
Talking about not rushing, sorry to hear that you had some heart surgery.
Obviously you are back home, and I dare say under specific instructions.
So take it easy please, and get well soon.
We need your much valued input.
Thoughts are with you,
Brian.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Beautiful work, Jim. You are a true craftsman!
I enjoy woodworking, but I have neither the talent nor the patience to create works of art. I really admire folks like you who are able to do things like this.
Stay well my friend.

plantman

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts !!!!! Heart is working fine and pain is gone thanks to another stent and some opening up of the vessels. Good thing the weather is bad here !! Rain, snow, cold, and high winds. Makes watching the grass grow a little more interesting. Luckely I have another project that can keep me busy in the shop for short lenghts of time until I have to rest. I forgot to mention that the jewelry box has a surpentine front on it also. Thanks again. Jim S

Top Bottom