Real Big Paper Clips . . . lol

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Going through an order I received last week of things I had never tried before were some of these Paper Clip Memo Holders so I gave a few a try this morning to see how they would look on wood.
They are 4.5" tall from the base of the wood to the top of the clip.
I can see them being used as a desk accessory in an office or as a recipe card holder in the kitchen.
Anyone got some other ideas of what they might be used for ?

366981273.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

After making those this big ones this morning I came in for lunch and looked through the same order of goodies that contained things I had never tried before and there were five of these magnetic rings for making desk paper clip holders. That looked like a very easy project so I turned and finished those this afternoon .
Every new item to add variety is a potential sale . It's these little and very affordable things that add up real fast at craft sales.

FivePaperClipHolders.jpg

Rollerbob

I for one like what you have done. Will they sell? Don't know that part, but it appears you are having some fun time in the shop!!:)

rjwolfe3

I personally would use both on my desk. If you made a whole matching set of desk accessories with the same wood, I think you could make a killing. I have been looking to expand my product mix and love the things you have been turning out lately.

W.Y.

As a continuation of items I got in that last order of things I had never tried yet were some inserts for a Desk pen holder .
A neighbor had given me a slab of walnut that been up in his barn loft for twenty years that was all knots and twists but I managed to get these pieces out if it and save some for future projects. .
Last year I had several requests for desk pen holders which I made for the ones that requested them . Biggest problem was getting the hole to fit the angle of the nib and I was doing it in three step drilling's . Worked fine but didn't look all that attractive .
Sure glad I got some of these 24K gold inserts. The hole is tapered beautifully to accept the nib of a pen and it adds so much more in sales appeal than just a step drilled hole.
These sell easily for $15.00 and the insert is well worth the $1.99 price or less if buying in quantity.
With free wood and about ten minutes turning and sanding on each one it all adds up as yet another item to include in a persons arsenal of fast selling items at craft sales.
I made these three this morning. There are several other items I have never done before included in that last order of parts and accessories I got but will probably start a new thread later on some of them.

367060568.jpg

W.Y.

I am getting close to the end of kits and accessories that I have never done before but were included in that last order I received .
I wanted to try these little bookmarks so went at it this morning and found they are very easy to make. I had five chrome and five gold to work with.

Top row are all wood . From left to right is

purple-heart ,, zebra-wood ,, birds-eye maple ,, jarah ,, myrtle

Bottom row left to right are all acrylic

lava flow ,, cinnamon twist ,, purple swirl ,, lime mesh ,, murky forest.

I have a feeling the acrylic ones will far outsell the wood ones but time will tell on that.
I have made a lot of first time little gift items lately to go along with all the bigger items I turn on a regular basis. If I don't have good craft sales this season it certainly wont because I don't have enough variety . . lol

Bookmarks.jpg

nava1uni

I like all of your new things. I also have lots of items on my table, with pens being the center pieces. Often it is the little things that attract people and then they start looking at the pens.

Top Bottom