Midwest Penturners Gathering 2016

Date: April 8-9, 2016

Wadsworth, Ohio, OH 44281

Host Hotel Room Rates: $99.00 per night with free hot breakfast buffet

Great host hotel with pool, bar, and multiple restaurants on property

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

to continue...

Registration: $20.00 per family (Man, wife & minor children, adult children require separate registration.)

Pre-Registration: $15.00 requires payment before March 15 and one nights stay with the host hotel

Vendors Fee: $100.00 includes 1 eight ft. table extra tables $10.00 each.

I am working on an "Opt-in" dinner Friday evening. It will require pre-registration and a fee. (The food at The Galaxy is great)

We need to get a flyer together so we can start promoting NOW.
I will get down and talk with Hartville Hardware soon and see what they are willing to do.

Maybe we should have a conference call and decide who and what to do next.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Sounds great!

Now I'll get started on the Demonstrations, as I/we can tell folks the dates.

Bob Jackson: You said at the Cookout that you had several volunteers for the demos. I have only heard from Mark Dryer, so let me know the others and I can chat with them and pencil them in.

Jeff: Let me know if Scott has any interest.

I'll post my progress on this forum so we all can give feedback.

Mark

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
gbpens, Gene, starting out to sell pens.
mg dreyer, starting out to turn alternatives to wood.
The camera guy from last year said he would do a demo
Mark James, dip pens.
bobjackson, polymer clay pens

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I just looked at the Hotel's website with the photos...

Bob - Ya got a fantastic location!

I think we need to highlight a link to the facility VERY prominently. It is certainly a drawing point that should make folks more interested.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Speaking of prominent, I think we need to revise the Facebook Page. The cover photo still indicates it is in IL, as does the "About" section. Who is the admin for that page?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Speaking of prominent, I think we need to revise the Facebook Page. The cover photo still indicates it is in IL, as does the "About" section. Who is the admin for that page?

Mark Dryer (mg_dryer)

He's up for a demo this year, so I'm sure he will be happy to monitor the Facebook info. (Not a complaint, but last year it did appear he needed some time to make modifications; 2-3 weeks. So we may want to get him info "early.")

mbroberg

If no one has any objections I will ask Mark Dryer if he is the admin for both the Facebook page and the Website. If he is, I will ask him if he would make me an administrator (of if he would like me to take over) so we can get things / keep things up to date.

mbroberg

Here is my conversation with Mark:

I'm contacting you on behalf of the MPG Planners. Are you the administrator for the MPG Facebook page and Website? We want to bring those up to date with the information we have so far about the upcoming event. We are going to start soliciting vendors for prizes and would expect vendors who are not IAP members to check us out on the web. Naturally we want the information current.

If you are the admin for these how would you like to handle the updates? Should we just funnel the information to you? Would it be possible to make me a co-administrator for the pages? That way I could take care of updates as the information becomes known without having to always bother you. We are just not sure how this was handed in the past.

Thanks Mark,
Mike Broberg

I only did the website and we put that together quite quickly. As for admin - it was a custom site I put together - meaning I wrote all the code for it. I am a developer (but not a designer as you could guess). Therefore there is no easy way to allow co-admins. Sorry. There are numerous ways to get this done - first just send me the updates and I would take care of it; second we can get a site (but I guess there would be payment for it) and I could re-route the domain to the new site.

I have no issue with making the changes and making it look better. The only concern is the next 2 weeks - after that I am wide open to help. I leave tomorrow to go to Utah for 10 days on vacation. I will have limited access to the web (ny design). I am fine with doing the changes - but that is the only limitation. If you want to take this path - we can use the next 2 weeks to get all the changes you want and then we can tough base whrn I get back and we can get this going. I enjoyed helping out and will volunteer again if my services are needed. With me hosting there are no charges at all - I pick up the hosting.

Let me know or give me a call.

Mark

Mark,

If you could do the updates on the web page that would be great! Much easier for me:biggrin:. I will get the information together and have it ready for you. Enjoy your vacation!

I'll contact Rich Coors about the Facebook Page.

Mike

mbroberg

Hey Bob (Jackson)

Rich Coors told me that he, you and Dawn Kizor were administrators of the Facebook page. Ed Brown is an Editor. Rich said that you can add me (or anyone else you want to) as an administrator in the settings.

mbroberg

I've updated the Facebook "About" page, both the short and long descriptions. Take a look and offer any suggestions for improvement.

Thanks!

Top Bottom