Re-purposed cigar boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talltim

I was looking for a way to store and show some of our different types of pens and decided to re-purpose some cigar boxes. I am sure this has been done by others.

I took the inserts from Amsterdam Executive pen boxes and placed them in to hold the pens. On the box with the Rollerballs I put a piece of velvet over a half inch piece of foam to hold the pens in place when the box is closed.

The first box contains

1. Buckeye on a Triton

2. Amboyna on a Jr Statesman

3. African blackwood with amboyna on a JR Gent II

4. Box Elder on a Jr Gent II

5. Maple Burl on a Jr Gent II

The second box is designed to hold modified Slimlines and other shorter pens.

It is shown with:

1. African blackwood and purple heart modified slimline

2. Chestnut on a civil war pen.

Attachments

• IMG_5652.jpg
    IMG_5652.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5659.jpg
    IMG_5659.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5653.jpg
    IMG_5653.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_5654.jpg
    IMG_5654.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talltim

I went to the local cigar store. They sold empties for $3.00. They had a pile to choose from. It was my first time in a tobacco store. The owner was very friendly and showed me around and gave me an education on cigars.

Btw you ( terry q) were the source of the Chestnut and Buckeye blanks used on the pens shown.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Kenny Durrant

That's a lot better than what I did. I cut a piece of foam to fit the box and tucked cloth over the top and down the sides. It looks good until you move the box then they roll around. I'll have to try cutting out slots for the pens. thanks for sharing. Terry here in the DFW Metroplex you can go to cigar shops and they have stacks of them. I've always paid $2-$5 each for them and some times they would give me a few.

Top Bottom