Razor kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fireforce

I have wanted to start turning razor kits, but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with them? Is there a brand that you prefer? Also, is the finishing process different since they will be in/near water frequently?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Take a look at the PSI Speed Dial Safety Razor Kit (10MM) $12.95 per. I haven't tried that one but made and sold some of their others and ahd no problems or comebacks.
Turncrazy43

hbillings

I prefer the CSUSA Artisan components (https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/t/58/Jewelry-and-Vanity) for their ease of assembly and cleaning. Also price ($9.40/unit).
When using a wood blank, a good CA finish is what I use, Be sure to coat the ends of the banks to make them water resistant. Resins, finish as usual.
Good luck.

Agreed - these are my favorites. One additional note, I've noticed that the stand rusts a bit where the stand screws into the base. I may try cleaning it and adding vaseline or maybe coating that area with CA glue.

magpens

I would get the CSUSA kits. . Better quality and styling, IMHO.

I do all of mine with acrylic blanks. . I avoid wood/CA with the razor and brush.

Jim Smith

I made one of the CSUA Artisan for my son-in-law and was impressed with the quality of the kit. Very nice fit and finish. I used some very old Cellulous Acetate that complemented the gunmetal finish. Very poor photo, but the finished razor and stand came out fairly nice.

Attachments

• Razor.JPG
    Razor.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 221
Top Bottom