Rappahannock River Crib Dam Panache

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

This is my latest pen, wood as is been say is from the Rappahannock River Crib Dam from James aka Darken, this is a Panache kit, I use both of the wood Pine and Oak and laminated, I find that the Pine darken with the CA and unfortunately loss a bit of clarity on the middle laminating, if you look closely I find the Oak got is own signature I didn’t laminated those little pieces LOL, I did a pin chuck for the closed end and turn an corian spring holder to be inserted in the tube and work well, I let you look at the pictures, as usual comments positive or negative are welcome, thanks for looking.

BTW: this pen will be presented at the Australian Exhibition and Competition on 15th, 16th, 17th of this month with 2 other pens.

Oak signature
200765231651_panache1.jpg

200765231727_panache7.jpg

200765231753_panache13.jpg

200765231832_panache20.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Not as much a fan of the cap as I am the body, but that may be because the attention to the grain and detail of lamination in the body is beyond description. Think this may be a winner (unless your other submissions beat this one out). Thanks for sharing.

its_virgil

Wow! That took some time. I too like the pen body much more than the cap, but as mentioned, both are nice, especially since I've tried and have no luck with segmenting that many pieces. Did you have any pieces left over like I do when I work on my car?[:D] Best of luck with the competition...I think the other entries better look out! And, I glad you are finding a little time for working in the shop.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

PenWorks

Beautiful pen Serge, don't forget to post the ribbon you will win [:)]
Nice patterns on the glue up to, I really like the way the cap looks.

Darley

Thank you all for your compliments, Lautie don't desperated you will do it 1 day I did old solid wood turning too and still have my first pen doesn't look good but love it.

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Wow! That took some time. I too like the pen body much more than the cap, but as mentioned, both are nice, especially since I've tried and have no luck with segmenting that many pieces. Did you have any pieces left over like I do when I work on my car?[:D] Best of luck with the competition...I think the other entries better look out! And, I glad you are finding a little time for working in the shop.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Yes I do as I use 2 blanks of each to do 1 pen enough spare parts to do another one, so tell me you got 2 or 3 cars now[:D]

Anthony I like the cap too as you can see the 2 different colour of the pine, now another interesting matter the Oak was softer and easy to turn than the pine

Draken

Serge, you did the wood proud! The results look great, and you'll need to let us know how it does in the competition. Be sure to submit a CoA with the pen, so they know the history of the wood. I love the way the pine looks in the different segments, almost like two different types of wood.

The only nit I have is you misspelled my username in your original post, its Draken, not Darken. [:D]

Darley

Originally posted by Draken
<br />Serge, you did the wood proud! The results look great, and you'll need to let us know how it does in the competition. Be sure to submit a CoA with the pen, so they know the history of the wood. I love the way the pine looks in the different segments, almost like two different types of wood.

The only nit I have is you misspelled my username in your original post, its Draken, not Darken. [:D]

It will be a stand ( A4 size ) regarding the 3 pens I will present, sorry by the misspelling of your nickname I have a blackout here at the time of posting.[:D]

bmchan

I hate to do this - way too busy for me. I can tell alot of effort went into it - more than I have put into all my pens. I applaud the effort.

Darley

Sorry James and everyone got busy by work and went pick up my pens last night, Sorry to disappointed all of you but no ribbon at this show it was a woodturning show and I was the only person to present 3 pens, I did have some good comments but woodturner here think pens is spindler turning ( sure it's, but!! better [:D])nevertheless I will do more shows in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom