Rain,Rain,Rain and More Rain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

Well here we are in our 17th stright day of rain and I do mean RAIN not just sprinkles but at times downpores. My garage flooded 4 times but I guess I'm lucky it hasn't gotten into the house YET and it looks like Texas is even worse. The forecast is for more rain through the week-end and 30% through next week. Fourteen days in a row was the old record and we will most likley hit 20-22 days in a row. I would just hate ;)useing my pen blanks to build the next ark but if this keeps up we just might have to start collecting animals 2x2:D. I hope all our friends down in Texas are all right as I just saw on the tube that San Antonio and Austin were also hit hard with flooding.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Roy,
Would you send some of that rain over to the west specifically Utah. Our state may burn to the ground before we get any rain. I would prefer rain over over the heat and fires. People do not listen about fireworks and smoking. we have a fire going that was started by a lawnmower hitting a rock and causing a spark. Scary isn't it? Take care.

Mike

Gary Max

My yard almost died this year from the lack of water. We did not get any spring time rain this year. It has rained some in the last 10 days which seems to be helping out. Heck we even picked out first veggies from the garden this week.

TBone

Roy, hope everyone in your area (and every where else) that's getting the flooding will be ok. I wish we could take some from you. It's rained everywhere in NC except my area every day this week. Haven't had enough in 3 weeks to outline the car in the driveway. I had 2 sprinklers running for 14 hours last Saturday just to keep the lawn from dying and it looks the same today as it did last week. Water doesn't last long at 97*. Good luck and be safe.

woodwish

I hoe all the areas getting the rain will survive the flooding. We have been in the middle of record droughts here in Florida but this last week we have been getting lots of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Unfortunately it has been more thunder than storm, just not enough rain to help but the lightning has been vicious. On Tuesday the mother of one of my students was struck and killed instantly by lightning while bringing in their dog. On Thursday my best friend's shop and detached garage was hit and burned by lightning, collapsing the roof. He collects and restores British sprots cars and race cars. He lost his beloved 1950ish Jag convertible of some sort and his Lotus Elite, along with all his tools and many parts for the other 12 or so cars being restored. At least his house was mostly OK and they are all alive. He lives about 300 yards from where Lois Boyll was killed just 48 hours earlier. Another storm yesterday knocked out the water dept. treatment palnt, glad we at least have a well.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those being affected by weather, but prayers are about all most of us can do. May God bless . . .

KenV

Roy -- I live in a RAIN Forest. We have that all the time, I lived in Ketchikan Alaska for a while -- 200 inches of precip a year. You just do not have enough practice with water. Juneau only has about 65 inches a year, but we had over 200 inches of snow last winter.

On a serious note - this follows last years drought and fires. I am not sure which is worse. Stay high - stay safe.

guts

Hey Roy,I never thought I'd say man I wish it would quit raining in Texas in July but guess what, man I wish it would quit raining in Texas in July and we have at least five more days of it coming.

OKLAHOMAN

Serge, I saw that on TV here in the states, seems that Mother nature is on a rampage.
Originally posted by Darley
<br />Roy look like the rain is not only in the States, we got our share too.

http://tinyurl.com/39pssd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom