• entry 10

Votes: 63 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Sorry I failed to get this posted with the entry.

entry1
A Magic Wand Pen. Made from olive wood with a katalox handle, the wand unscrews toreveal that it is a capped calligraphy fountain pen using an Osmiroidsection. It can accept either standard fountain pen ink cartridges,or a piston converter as shown. The wand is turned to somewhat of adip pen shape with a bell and recessed ball on the end. Thst flare isechoed in the handle which is a double-tulip shape (and yes, it isundercut) with a ball crown. The triple-start threaded pieces werecut from brass to match the nib.

entry 2
My pen ismade to appeal to the blacksmith community. I started with a Atraxballpoint kit and converted it over to a fountain. The handle is madefrom Redheart with an antique upholstery tack in the end of thehandle, and the head is made from black dyed buckeyeburl.

entry 3
Very hard to photograph with it being completely chrome.The pen body and lid has been turned from brass. I have etched asnakes head with scale pattern to the lid using Ferric chloride, andscales to the body. With the nib, again turned from brass and etched with scales.The rattlesnake rattle is real. I turned a mounting piece from brassand attached the rattle to it. I plated the rattle in copperI then chrome plated all pieces.

entry 4
This is a dual personality fountain/roller pen combo. The pen is an eyedropper filler with the body holding the equivalentof a little over 3 standard cartridges. As a provision, singlestandard cartridge can be used on either the fountain or rollersections. The writing ends are both Schmidt components. The fountain nib is aSchmidt 8.5 mm medium. The opposite is the "rolling righter"cartridge that I modified to prevent leaking when the pen is held in avertical position for an extended period of time. Both ends writevery well, with no ink flow issues when flipping end to end.I did not place a clip on the pen as a design decision. The cap has ascrew in finial that will allow a clip to be added later if desired. The fountain cap is postable. The threads on each end of the pen bodywere sanded down slight to provide a more comfortable grip.Specifics:Weight: 24 grams capped 17 grams uncapped as fountain 22 grams uncapped as a rollerLength: 140 mm capped 126 mm un-posted fountain 173 mm posted fountain 135 mm rollerWidth: 16 mm cap 15.5 mm bodyFountain Cap Threads are 14 x .8 Triple StartRoller Cap Threads are 14 x .75 Single Start

entry 6
3rd ValveTrumpet Pen High grade Honduran Rosewood Burl with some component parts from aRoman Harvest with an actual trumpet 3rd valve. It actually writesvery comfortably. Celebrating writing and thearts!

entry 7
Triton/Venus his/her set with matching clips. Alt ivory caps over ebony body.Flying double eagle engraving from photo to recognize client's "eagle"volume achievement

entry #8
The pen is made from Aluminum it's grip is has inlaidpaua shell the click mechanism is fitted to a turned tube clip isfitted to a threaded ring.

entry 9Slimline Pen.Blank is a Glueup Frenzy of Paduk, Figured Maple, Purpleheart andWenge.

entry 10
A simple sterling silver, opal, resin cast pen.

bobleibo

I'm not sure what was more impressive...the imagination/vision or the skill level on each these. It was very hard to decide but my vote is in.

HamTurns

I voted

I voted. :biggrin:

I can only hope to aspire to this level of craftsmanship.

All the entries deserve to win, it was very hard to choose just one winner.

Good work.

Tom

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Only 179 votes and there were over 250 in the Advanced contest. Remember to vote!

" I like Ike!" or some fancy slogan

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Woo hoo up over 180 votes, It ends after midnight tonight at 12:39 am Who will be up to watch the ball drop?

Top Bottom