Quick buy on Sierras - Closed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texatdurango

Edit: Nov 24, Looks like everyone got their goodies so we'll call this one history!
Edit: Nov 21, All kits are on their way via priority mail except for the package going to Canada which is going first class mail.
Edit: Nov 20, Both shipments from Berea and Beartooth Woods arrived, one at 8:30 last night via UPS, I didn't think they worked that late!

All kits are accounted for, individual orders have been packaged and ready to ship. I found that I can stuff 17 Sierra kits into the flat rate envelope, and that's it!:)

Everyone has been contacted either via paypal or email about their orders.

On Edit: Vendor will be Bereahardwoods and here are the order details.

Group buy of Sierra pen kits to meet 100 pen quantity discount pricing. US shipping only please.

When quantity is reached, the buy will be closed and the order placed so we can get the kits ASAP.

Here are the discounted kit prices available:
#1. Gold - $4.00
#2. Chrome - $4.00
#3. Satin Nickle - $6.30
#4. Satin Gold - $6.45
#5. Platinum - $7.10
#6. Titanium Gold - $8.40
#7. Black Titanium and Platinum - $8.50
#8. Black Titanium and Gold Titanium - $9.90

Please indicate kit # and quantity below then PM me so I will have your email address. When I receive the main order, I will send you an email with your total charges which will include the kits, Paypal fees and postage from me to you, (see below for standard charging).

PAYPAL payments ONLY. I will add $0.31 +3.0% to your total (which includes postage) to cover paypal fees I incur.

SHIPPING:
Flat rate postage is $4.60. If your order is too large to fit, the flat rate box at $8.95 will be used.

Postal Insurance:
Insurance IS NOT required but advised. The domestic rates are below.

$1.65 ................ $0.01 to $50
$2.05 ................ $50.01 to $100
$3.45 ................ $100.01 to $200
$4.60 ................ $200.01 to $300
$5.50 ................ $300.01 to $400
$6.40 ................ $400.01 to $500
$7.30 ................ $500.01 to $600

Texatdurango

OK, I edited the main post to show kit numbers and prices so from this post on, please post the kit # you want and quantity then send me a PM so I'll have your email address. DO NOT send a paypal yet, I'll take care of all that when the order arrives.

As an example, here is my order:

Kit #8 - 20 ea.
Kit #1 - 10 ea.
Kit #2 - 10 ea.

IPD_Mrs

George,
Linda and I will take the following:
Kit #7 Qty 5
Kit #8 Qty 5

Thanks for doing this and when you talk to Ernie tell him he needs to stock the Vistas too! :) Sending PM now.

Mike & Linda

joseph10s

5 x #5 platinum $7.10 = $35.50
5 x #7 black ti and plat $8.50 = $42.50
2 x #8 black ti and gold ti $9.90 = $19.80

Sub total = $97.80

Thanks for doing this.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Originally posted by gwilki

Maxwell Smart

In his first post, he says "US shipping only please". We Canucks are out.

Yeah, it used to say 'no overseas orders', which I took to mean that North America was fine...

Shame, really...the only source we have for Sierra pens is William WOodwrite (penblanks.ca), and the base price without quantity discount for a Platinum Sierra is 12.95. Berea requires minimum 23 dollar shipping, plus 4 dollar processing, plus 75 minimum order...AZSillhouette doesn't ship up here at all...

I really wish I didn't like the Sierra kit - or that there was an easier and cheaper way to get them!

IPD_Mrs

Grant and Andrew,
I agree that our neighbors up north get short changed on shipping and I think it is silly that business will not ship to you. The way things are going your dollar will soon be better than ours. But let me explain something from a mail order business owner's point of view. Every time we ship to out of our country we have to fill out form 2976. On average it takes me an extra 15 minutes to ship a Canadian package and I have all the information and software at my finger tips. I have to change the label format and the printer and then I have to fill out that stupid form. So now I have to enter the address twice and I have to know the country of origin for every item I send. This is all so your country can charge duties for items that you bring into your country. They also want to charge GST and PST not to mention a fee for processing the duties and taxes. So the $4.00 from Berea is not bad but the fact that they charge flat rate and do not give you an option of the first class internation is not good. Heck a 2# package can ship for $8.26. If I was retired and had some time on my hands I would offer to ship packages up north. This might be a good opertunity for someone here in the states. You could work as a sales agent for our International friends. Anyway just a thought and sorry to steal the thread. Maybe someone will help the guys out.

Mike

ElMostro

Here is my order:
10x #1. Gold - $4.00
10x #2. Chrome - $4.00
5x #6. Titanium Gold - $8.40
5x #7. Black Titanium and Platinum - $8.50
5x #8. Black Titanium and Gold Titanium - $9.90

Texatdurango

The buy is closed

A little quick counting shows we have over 300 kits. Looks like a lot of interest so if anyone else chimes in perhaps they can do another buy.

I'll get things tallied up.

Texatdurango

Well, that was fun, we totalled 324 kits and a bit over $2,100. One reason I don't like orders of this size is the possibilities of back orders, which just screw everything up, especially if some folks go ahead and pay. I was assured that they had us covered, we'll see.

That is why I don't want people paying upfront. I trust everyone and the way I like to do these buys is to have the order come in so I can sift through it, divy all the kits out THEN send everyone an email so they can send a Paypal.

One mistake I made was to make postal insurance optional. With this many participants, I'd probably stand a good chance of getting some wires crossed so I think it would be better if everyone just pays it. It's not but a few dollars and if anyone wants to back out of the order because of the change, that's fine, just let me know.

So..... now we just sit back and wait.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by maxwell_smart007

Originally posted by gwilki

Maxwell Smart

In his first post, he says "US shipping only please". We Canucks are out.

Yeah, it used to say 'no overseas orders', which I took to mean that North America was fine...

Shame, really...the only source we have for Sierra pens is William WOodwrite (penblanks.ca), and the base price without quantity discount for a Platinum Sierra is 12.95. Berea requires minimum 23 dollar shipping, plus 4 dollar processing, plus 75 minimum order...AZSillhouette doesn't ship up here at all...

I really wish I didn't like the Sierra kit - or that there was an easier and cheaper way to get them!

There is... Do a group buy yourself! Don't just sit back and hollar foul everytime someone does a group buy and doesn't want to spend the extra time in line at the post office.

It's no secret that most of us do group buys because it saves us a little money. But often those savings don't look so great when you find yourself spending several hours sorting kits, boxing them up and taking them to the post office, in this case, 21 boxes.

I checked Berea's site and here is what they say about orders to Canada:

CANADA: MINIMUM ORDER $75.00.

PACKAGES WILL BE SENT BY EXPRESS MAIL INTERNATIONAL INSURED. (MINIMUM CHARGE FOR EMI IS $23.00 APPROX.). ACTUAL SHIPPING PLUS INSURANCE PLUS THE $4.00 FLAT RATE CHARGE WILL BE BILLED AT TIME OF SHIPMENT.

$75 min order..... Big deal, I just spent $2,100, any group buy is going to exceed $75.

As far as the postage... spread it out amongst the participants so it won't be such a bite.

Give it a try, start a thread for a group buy for Canadian turners, then you too can enjoy the same discounted prices we do south of the border.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
There is... Do a group buy yourself! Don't just sit back and hollar foul everytime someone does a group buy and doesn't want to spend the extra time in line at the post office.

Sorry, I didn't mean for you to take it personally...I was thinking more along the lines that there's only one Canadian place to buy these kits - shame there aren't more, so there'd be more chance of cheaper prices! I'd love to be able to host a group buy myself, but being newly graduated from university, money is one thing that I have to be very, very careful about!

$75 min order..... Big deal, I just spent $2,100, any group buy is going to exceed $75.

As far as the postage... spread it out amongst the participants so it won't be such a bite.

Give it a try, start a thread for a group buy for Canadian turners, then you too can enjoy the same discounted prices we do south of the border.

Someday, perhaps. Right now, $75 is a heck of a lot of money, especially before shipping. Before shipping, 40 or 50 is about my limit until the end of the year...seriously, student loans, rent, etc...it all adds up.

So again, sorry you're upset, and I do respect your right to free time - there's no reason why you should have to stand in line for me...I was just thinking out loud...
:)

Texatdurango

Originally posted by maxwell_smart007

So again, sorry you're upset, and I do respect your right to free time - there's no reason why you should have to stand in line for me...I was just thinking out loud...
:)
I'm not upset, I was just telling you how it is. Again, to me the logical thing would be for a group of Canuks to get together and get some group buys together but I can't recall ever seeing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom