Questions Submission

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

I'm finalizing my contest rules and coming up with a few questions that I have not seen answers to:

There was discussion on what the maximum size was for photo submissions. Previous years I used 800x600, but saw some discussion on (and because of that noticed that JPG files are allowed up to) 960x960. I'm very much in favor of the larger file size. Was there any final say of yes or no on this?

Along the same line, there was also discussion on using the zoom feature (see it here) that some have been using in the threads, but I did not see any final word on it, and I read through Jeff's thread on it and I'm wondering if we want to exclude ForumRunner folks from seeing the same thing everyone else sees.... For the Photo contests, being able to see real detail like that in the images would be FANTASTIC!!!

On a non-image related point, are we still going to be using the entry forms like previous years? Again, I saw some discussion on this, but nothing stood out as a definitive final answer.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding the size: The larger file size is ok. It scrolls the forum to the right because we don't autofit.

Regarding the zoom, I strongly suggest that it be ignored for contests. There are unresolvable bugs, which is why it has not been announced as a feature.

Top Bottom