Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Justin, take whichever mold you got from Charlie,place the tubes in the mold add water to fill. Now pour the water in a measuring cup read the ounces. Now you know how many oz. per pour. With 128 ounces by volume in a gallon you can approx. the number of blanks.....

jleiwig

Justin, take whichever mold you got from Charlie,place the tubes in the mold add water to fill. Now pour the water in a measuring cup read the ounces. Now you know how many oz. per pour. With 128 ounces by volume in a gallon you can approx. the number of blanks.....

Thanks Roy. I've done that, but I was just wondering a real world figure with waste and so on and so forth. I know not every ounce is going to be going into a blank. Ie..."I usually get x number of blanks on average"

I'm just curious as to whether I want to get into this whole casting mess or just keep buying blanks.

DurocShark

Get into the whole mess. I just came up with a new swirl technique I'll post pics of tomorrow (had to charge battery on digicam). Each new discovery is a blast. And having something completely made by you is awesome.

JohnU

I agree with Don, even if you dont see yourself saving tons of money, the unlimited creative potential is worth it. Besides, how are you going to show all of us your original ideas and casts if you just go back to buying them. Good Luck!

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Even if you figure some waste for leftovers in the cup, on the stick etc. etc. I'd
still think you're probably going to get a hundred pours out of a gallon. That's 200
Sierras..

Of course, if you're like me and forget to put the tubes in the mold, that figure will
go down quite a bit..

jleiwig

Even if you figure some waste for leftovers in the cup, on the stick etc. etc. I'd
still think you're probably going to get a hundred pours out of a gallon. That's 200
Sierras..

Of course, if you're like me and forget to put the tubes in the mold, that figure will
go down quite a bit..

LOL...wouldn't surprise me a bit if I did that.

DurocShark

Here's the one I was excited about. I got that swirl in a pipe mold, no stick swirling.

pentelrocket01.jpg

A minor thing I'm sure, but a big step for me. :biggrin:

lundebc

Don (DuroShark), I really like the colors that came through as swirls - they are great! Any comments on how you accomplished it?

Justin - In my Monday attempt, I used less that an ounce for two wall street II bodies....

Bruce
Katy, Texas

DurocShark

In my 3/4" pipe mold I poured the 3 colors alternaating an ounce at a time or so.

That combined with letting tje cups with the three colors sit on the us cleaner for 5 minutes gave me the great swirl with good definition.

I've been able to repeat the results with more subtle colors so I'm happy.

lundebc

Thanks for the info - I am learning this casting stuff and everyone does it just a bit different. I think I'll go try some more tonight!

Bruce
Katy, Tx

Top Bottom