question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ctboy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

freedomhouse

Usually, once you get the plastic cover removed you will find a series of 'glue up's" you can cut to size and have at it.... Some interesting filler woods. Let us know what TURNS up!

Trapshooter

Get a 45 and shoot them....... Sorry first thing that popped into my head.

Really, if you can't find a good use for them many local gun clubs would be interested in them for pin shoots.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Trapshooter

Get a 45 and shoot them....... Sorry first thing that popped into my head.

Really, if you can't find a good use for them many local gun clubs would be interested in them for pin shoots.

Is pin shooting still popular? I thought that it had died out.
BTW, I believe most older bowling pins are made of hard maple. More suited for turning into mallets than pens.

workinforwood

If it was me, I'd turn myself a bowling ball, teach my kid how to set the pins up and I'd bowl in my back yard. Build a wooden frame, or just dress the kid up in football gear and a catcher pad with catchers mit to stand behind the pins.:D

TBone

My wife painted some to look like Santa Claus for Christmas, painted one to look like a Jack-O-Lantern and one to look like a witch. She had several people that wanted them.

Trapshooter

Originally posted by Rifleman1776

Is pin shooting still popular? I thought that it had died out.
BTW, I believe most older bowling pins are made of hard maple. More suited for turning into mallets than pens.

Not so much here, Nw Ohio. There are small gun clubs that do this once in a blue moon. Last one I heard of was at an Izak Walton near Old Fort Ohio. Sporting clays gaining ground here.

Top Bottom