Question type of wood blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hubert H

question-blank.jpg

Question, do any of you know what kind of wood this is. I believe I got it from Bad Dog Burls several years ago. Also, are they going by a different name now or have they gone out of business?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hubert H

Terry, Thank you. Haven't been able to find anything like that. Do you know who sells pen blanks made from that wood?

Last edited:

Hubert H

John, I had the blank for 2 or 3 years. I didn't think I would like it but after turning it I really do like it - something completely different. I can't find anybody who sells it now. Here is a picture I found online but they didn't have any of the blanks
Tasmanian white top.jpeg

robutacion

G'day,

It looks the Tasmania Oak Burl veined that I had until fairly recently, see below;

006_a6ad83ab-bcf6-45b9-9ee1-fb5f7a523d5d_large.jpg026_1bdb952f-60de-441f-9e90-6c1453dbbd1c_large.jpg

For a long time, I had them on sale on my web-store and no one seemed interested but all of a certain, they started to go fast, the pen blanks I mean, I had some knife handles cut and stabilised that rarely sold any, I still have a few that I took of the web-store, if you are interested, send me a PM and I can send you some pics.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom