Question on MK2 Shalespeare

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

I generally have had a good impression and experience with the Shakespeare kits but:
I am finding that the threads are so fine that they are difficult to start. screwing the RB nib into the coupler is extremely precise and difficult to start and screw all the way on - it feels like its cross threaded but it eventually screwed on. I am afraid that my customer will end up with a cross thread or frustrated.
Same with the cap threads onto the coupler - had to try 4-5 times to get it to start .

Has anyone else had this problem and what do you do about it?

Thanks for your help!

Jans husband

I had that problem with a different pen.
Once I got the threads engaged, I turned them back and forth for several minutes to "clear" the imperfections in the threads, a bit like inserting a tap or die again when the first tapping isn't clean. It took several minutes, but it worked for me.

Nothing to lose by trying.

Mike

keithbyrd

I had that problem with a different pen.
Once I got the threads engaged, I turned them back and forth for several minutes to "clear" the imperfections in the threads, a bit like inserting a tap or die again when the first tapping isn't clean. It took several minutes, but it worked for me.

Nothing to lose by trying.

Mike
Thanks Mike - I tried that and it did make it better once the threads are engaged. But it is fairly difficult tot get the threads started. I was concerned with cross threading and a customer not being patient with the threads will either cross thread or get frustrated - there goes a sales and a good customer!

Top Bottom