Question about YouTube

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I haven't used YouTube for quite a while but have encountered something new in the last few attempts. New to me, at least, at this time.
I usually enter YouTube by typing a title or description and do a Google search with "YouTube" and a title in the search box.
I get a bunch of hits, and then select one.

Once you select one, YouTube tends to send more possibilities of the same general type.
And these possibilities are displayed in boxes on the right side of the screen.

Lately, I have noticed some of the boxes are labelled "My Mix", sometimes for a particular Artist, sometimes for a Genre of music, or whatever.

I don't really know what "My Mix" means. .
I guess I could make a reasonable assumption and give it a try, but in this age of "Scams Galore" I am somewhat wary.

Can anyone tell me what to expect by selecting "My Mix" . . . . please ! . . . Thanks !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

A mix is videos by the same user auto generated by your search query.
Example: if i search for "Mal, Acrylic" it would bring up videos from on making this (pens) out of acrylics.

The "My Mix" can be a video compilation that someone has made but did not make it private. So if you put together an 80s music collection and left the view settings as public then other people can see the collection and use it as well.

MelaniePayne

My Mix" is basically YouTube's way of curating a playlist tailored to your interests. It's generated based on your previous viewing habits and can include music, videos, or topics similar to what you've watched. If you want your videos to get into 'mixes' often, use the Cheapest Followers, Likes & Views to make them popular. Good luck!

egnald

It's AI and an intrusion into our browsing habits. It's been going on for a long time already and it appears to be cross platform and across applications based on suggestions "just for you" that I see from eBay, Amazon, and others. - Dave

derekdd

It's AI and an intrusion into our browsing habits. It's been going on for a long time already and it appears to be cross platform and across applications based on suggestions "just for you" that I see from eBay, Amazon, and others. - Dave
If we agree to use a private platform, there is no expectation of privacy regarding our usage.

Since YouTube is a money making company, they are capturing user info and selling ads based on that info.

Top Bottom