question about waterslide decals

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I'm curious as to how those of you who use or have used waterslide decals go about the printing of them. A full sheet is a lot to waste for a few decals. I could probably fit 100 pen sized shapes/designs on one sheet, but there's no telling what may or may not be something I'd use in the future (assuming that I even want to keep using them after trying a few). Maybe cut the paper into smaller pieces that have a size setting on the printer? I have a paper cutter to get them cut straight and square. What have you folks with experience done and how did it work out for you?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

If your sheets get too small from cutting the printed decals off, just tape it down to a regular sheet of paper to insert in the printer. Work just fine.

Fine Engineer

I print at the top of the paper then cut that off , when I reload the paper in the printer I push the sheet all the way forward so it prints at the top again.
I do exactly the same. I can get a lot of decals out of a sheet that way.

I also put two coats of spray clear on each after printing to seal the ink in.

Apply a couple of layers of finish on, then sand down to about 9000 grit (the surface needs to be smooth; not as glossy as a final finish, but better than the matte finish from the lower grits). Then the decal backer will disappear completely with a couple coats of finish after the application.

sorcerertd

I have been thinking about how to print a small decal and then reuse the paper. Planning to try this soon.

Mike
Reusing the paper.

Top Bottom