Question about sawstop jobsite saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Robert57

I need any feed back on the sawstop brand jobsite saw. Thinking about getting one, but need any one's advice. What do you all think about it?
Thanks,
Robert

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

The question you have to ask yourself why would you want one??? If it is for the safety of the blade stoppage then it is the saw for you. All the sawstop brand saws are well made. They stand behind them. As far as the trigger mechanism goes there have been instances where they will replace for free but not the blade. Never the blade.

Remember though wet wood, metal will trigger the stop and you must shut it off. being a jobsite saw not sure where you would be using and who would be using. Having the extra safety feature is a plus but hope it does not lead to lax safety procedures. That would be a false sense of safety. They are heavier than most jobsite saws to help dampen vibration. The dust collection on any jobsite saw is bare minimum at best and the sawstop is the least which supposibly they were working on. Then there is the price of the saw plus the price of the brake and the new blade every time you trip it. Never use a blade that has been tripped. Internal cracks can be deadly.

No I do not have one. I do not know of anyone who has the new jobsite saw but i have used and seen the contractors saw and the cabinet saw. Very good quality. I am sure the jobsite one is as well. They are a reputable company.

My opinion I would look at the Bosh but again it is my opinion and also if you are dead set on the braking system then go for it.

Dale Lynch

John, there's no worrry about reusing a blade once the safty brake is tripped.It destroys both the blade and brake.So use an inexpensive blade.

Frog Morton

I need any feed back on the sawstop brand jobsite saw. Thinking about getting one, but need any one's advice. What do you all think about it?
Thanks,
Robert

Have you considered the new Bosch Reaxx? It is said to protect the user like a Sawstop, but does not ruin the blade in the process.

I believe they will not be released until this fall, however, so it seems you would have to wait until then if you went that route.

jttheclockman

John, there's no worrry about reusing a blade once the safty brake is tripped.It destroys both the blade and brake.So use an inexpensive blade.

I am not the one worrying about the blade. I do not have the saw but i have seen saws blades that look in good shape after they were tripped. But if that is the case then you never can use a good blade on the saw:) I have been at woodworking shows where they demonstrate the breaking system and the sale of the Sawstop saws. As I said well made, well engineered, and accurate but expensive. Some people feel the added safety is something they need to have. I feel with all the safety add-ons that you can buy or make, your hands come nowhere near the blade. I would never talk anyone out of getting one though if they can afford it.

The technology is a good idea but there will be others coming along as mentioned the Bosch that will challenge this.

Top Bottom