Question about kit finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

Mostly I got my kits from Penn State. They seem to have discontinued the rhodium finish. Anyone know why ? Anybody know of another company that sells them? I prefer rhodium because it not only looks good but it's probably the most durable plating. On different plating options I've sometimes had it wear off.
Thanks !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

I'm gracing the same problem replacing my stock of Designer Europeans in Ti Gold only a couple of places still carry them.

egnald

Mostly I got my kits from Penn State. They seem to have discontinued the rhodium finish. Anyone know why ? Anybody know of another company that sells them? I prefer rhodium because it not only looks good but it's probably the most durable plating. On different plating options I've sometimes had it wear off.
Thanks !

Ken is spot on. Rhodium prices along with most of the platinum family of metals have gone insane in the past few years. - It went from about $5,000 USD per ounce in 2019 to a peak of about $27,000 per ounce in Q1-2021. Since then it has come down and has been averaging about $15,000 per ounce -- still 3 times the cost from only a few years ago. By comparison, gold went from about $1,400 per ounce in 2019 up to about $1,900 per ounce now. - Dave

Top Bottom