Question about Armstrong qctp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

So, I've been starting to play around with my previously enjoyed metal lathe. I came with a quick change tool post made by Armstrong along with several tool holders in a box. The lathe had the lantern tool post on it when I got it.

Wanted to mount the Anderson so i started to go through the box and realized the tool post did not have the piston which locks the holder in place. I also do not have the nut that goes on the compound to secure the post.

I've been searching for replacement parts, and I can find the nut, but haven't found the piston. Anyone know where I could get one?

Attachments

• 20161209_135134.jpg
    20161209_135134.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 20161025_001940.jpg
    20161025_001940.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Well in that case if you can't find one to use for parts you could look at an Asian import the same size and at least be able to use the Armstrong holders on it. There are measurements in the pictures. You can buy from whomever you feel most comfortable with. The linked ones are a starting point.

Another possibility is to see if someone on a machining forum has one that could duplicate the part you need but I think the import holder is the cheapest way to go.

Top Bottom