Query about setting up the poll

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

Wondering if I should use the full sized photo, or the thumbnail.

People grumbled about having to click on the thumbnails, so I'm thinking full-sized, and all in one message separated by line breaks.

I'll muse about it for a little bit, eat something, crack open a beer, and then get to work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

That's why I made fitting in a "box" of 800 x 600 part of the entry.

That requirement was mostly successful. I had to kick a few back and request a re-size, but still had to help with just a few.

No matter what I do, somebody will complain. :rolleyes:

stonepecker

funny when I was posting this years first contest.......took over 20 minutes to get one set of pictures down to the size to fit.
I don't mind the work. But some people have no patients. :mad:

And you are right...........there is always one or two. :eek:

Last edited:

Brian G

Just tonight, I discovered that one entrant sent two photos, but of two different pens. :frown:

I overlooked that when I was organizing the files.

Sigh. . . hope they can send the second photo.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
IF you have Microsoft office picture manager, it has a photo editor that will batch resize prints.

I upload all the pictures and put them in the thread, the thumbnails are an issue for a lot of people. Its not that hard once you get the hang of it. I save all my entry pictures in the specific contest folder as Pen 1, Pen 2 etc. and use a,b,c to sort the up to 3 pictures.
Once they are up loaded I enter the written description from the entry, hit enter twice to give some space between the text and photo. Then right click the first picture to use, click on the yellow picture icon, hit control V and enter. It puts the picture where you last had the curser. Click right behind the last of the image brackets, hit enter twice and do it again for the next picture and the third if there is one. Then I preview the thread and do it again for the next pen. Putting all the pens in one post means a long scroll down but its all on one page. Putting each pen in a separate post can mean pages of entries that are harder to keep track of the ones you are considering voting for.

SteveJ

You can skip the separate folders by just naming the pictures 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b etc.

I made separate posts for my entries but especially with more entries it would risk running to the next page. When voting I simply right click on each entry and open in a different tab. Then I just close tabs as I eliminate different entries. It beats scrolling back and forth on a long entry or series of entries.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have 3 different contests I am running, each contest has its own folder, with numbered pens, not a folder for each pen.

Top Bottom