Puzzle Contest Rules

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
There will be puzzles during BASH again this year, so dust off your thinking caps.

There will be a variety of puzzles - trivia, wood ID, crosswords, word find & whatever else I might think of. :)

Each puzzle will be worth one or more points, depending on difficulty. You earn points by getting some or all of the answers correctly, depending on the puzzle. Everyone who earns at least one point for a puzzle will be entered into a drawing for a prize for that puzzle. Grand prize winners will be determined by the overall total number of points earned by the end of the contests. There is a maximum of one individual puzzle prize per person.

All prize winners will be announced after all the puzzles contests are complete.

Specific rules will be posted for each individual puzzle. You will have to send your answers to me by email. Banter is encouraged, but please do not post any strong hints or answers in the public threads.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have fun,
Edgar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

So you really think I will put myself through all this torture again this year. Hah!!!!!!!!
Well maybe.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Entry Acknowledgments - Please Read

I will send you a return email message to acknowledge your first puzzle contest entry. This is to make sure that you are using the correct email address and that your messages aren't accidentally going into my junk mail folder.

Please let me know if you enter a puzzle contest but do not get an message indicating that your entry was received.

Note that I will only do this the first time you enter a puzzle contest. So, for most of you, you will only get an acknowledgment for Puzzle #1. Once you make one successful entry, I will assume that you will always type the address correctly. :)

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle Results Running Behind

My apologies for not posting puzzle answers for some of the puzzles that have closed.

I have been quite busy this week and we will be out of town the next few days.

I will try to catch up on Mon & Tue of next week.

Thanks for playing
Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle Contests Have Ended

The Puzzle Contests for this year's BASH have now concluded. Prize winners will be announced tomorrow (Feb 28).

A total of 54 people submitted an entry to one or more of the puzzle contests. We will be awarding prizes as follows:

1. Everyone who earned 1 or more points in an individual puzzle contest will be entered into a drawing for that contest. Two prizes will be awarded in each contest. There is a maximum of one individual prize per person.

2. The top 3 point earners will earn an overall prize (1st, 2nd & 3rd). These overall winners may also earn an individual puzzle prize if their name is drawn in an individual puzzle drawing.

3. After awarding the individual puzzle prizes and the overall prizes as described above, there will also be a Consolation Prize drawing. Everyone who entered at least one contest (even if you did not earn a single point) will be entered into the Consolation Prize Drawing. Three Consolation Prizes will be awarded.

Thanks to all who participated. I hope you enjoyed the contests.
Edgar

JessePens

That's a lot of prizes!
This was my first BASH and I really enjoyed the puzzles. The searching also took me down a lot of rabbit-holes, reading through old threads.

Thanks Edgar.

Last edited:

CREID

The Puzzle Contests for this year's BASH have now concluded. Prize winners will be announced tomorrow (Feb 28).

A total of 54 people submitted an entry to one or more of the puzzle contests. We will be awarding prizes as follows:

1. Everyone who earned 1 or more points in an individual puzzle contest will be entered into a drawing for that contest. Two prizes will be awarded in each contest. There is a maximum of one individual prize per person.

2. The top 3 point earners will earn an overall prize (1st, 2nd & 3rd). These overall winners may also earn an individual puzzle prize if their name is drawn in an individual puzzle drawing.

3. After awarding the individual puzzle prizes and the overall prizes as described above, there will also be a Consolation Prize drawing. Everyone who entered at least one contest (even if you did not earn a single point) will be entered into the Consolation Prize Drawing. Three Consolation Prizes will be awarded.

Thanks to all who participated. I hope you enjoyed the contests.
Edgar
I am confident that my one point will carry me through.

P.S. Where do I send my bribe?

Curt

Top Bottom