Puzzle Contest #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here we go with Puzzle #3

DO NOT POST YOUR GUESSES IN THIS THREAD - READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!

This one will be something new - I don't believe we have ever used this type of puzzle before, so here goes....

This is an add-some-letters word puzzle. For each word fragment, add letters before and/or after the given letters to form the complete word. For example, if you are given the word fragment RUC, you would need to add letters before and after those 3 letters to form the word instRUCtions. (Do not add any letters in between the given letters.)

Here are the 15 word fragments for which you need to figure out the actual word:
1 MLI
2 DOS
3 TEA
4 RAC
5 LIB
6 ENS
7 ILI
8 CAL
9 EBO
10 ONE
11 ARE
12 ELI
13 LER
14 DRI
15 ERL

Here are some clues.
All of these words are at least 9 and no more than 12 letters long.
All of these words can be found on the Exotic Blanks web site.
All are single words - there are no double words, hyphenated words, etc.

There may well be multiple words that can be formed by adding letters to these word fragments. I will give credit for any word you come up with that meets the criteria stated in the clues above, even if it's not the word that I have in my list.

All 15 words must be unique. If you find a word that contains 2 or more of the listed word fragments, you cannot use it more than once.

Now the rules for this puzzle:

The overall Puzzle Rules & Universal BASH Rules apply.

You may make only one guess, so take your time.

You must email your guess to iap.puzzles@gmail.com - your entry must contain your guess, your real first and last name, your IAP Screen name, and your email address. Invalid or multiple entries will be disqualified.

Here is a sample reply:

Email Subject: Puzzle #3
My guess for Puzzle #3 is:
1 icandothis
15 whatisthisword

John Doe
johndoerocks
johndoe at iknowmywood dot com

You have until NOON CST on Tue, Feb 21 to get your guesses in for this puzzle.

Get at least 10 right and you will earn one point toward the overall puzzle prize total; get all 15 right and you will earn two points. Everyone earning at least one point will go into a random draw for the two prizes available for this particular puzzle.

Note: you can win only one individual puzzle prize, but don't let that stop you if you have already won a prize because you can still win one of the grand prizes even if you win an individual prize.

Banter is encouraged and may be posted in this thread.

Good luck & have fun.
Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #3 is now closed

Puzzle #3 is now closed.

Results will be announced soon.

Thanks for playing
Edgar

Top Bottom