Puzzle #10 Answers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The pen in Puzzle #10 was made from Hippopotamus Tusk.

While that is ivory, you had to specifically identify it as being from a Hippo to get credit for this one.

The pen maker was Keith Byrd (keithbryrd) and the pen hardware was from Silver Pen Parts by our Activities Manager, Mike Redburn. The tie-breaker did come in handy.

Here is a link to Keith's original posting of this pen:

https://www.penturners.org/threads/hippopotamus-tusk-and-silver-two-firsts.121468/#post-1655190

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

Spent forever searching the blank - antler, bone, Ivory, imitation Ivory, Corian, Holly. I found a lot of nice white pens, but not the right one. When I realized the hardware was likely solid silver, I figured it had to be Ivory. Didn't take too long after that. Between this one, the rattan one, and the golf shaft pen I feel like I got to see every pen on IAP, but I know I just scratched the surface.

alankulwicki7

Spent forever searching the blank - antler, bone, Ivory, imitation Ivory, Corian, Holly. I found a lot of nice white pens, but not the right one. When I realized the hardware was likely solid silver, I figured it had to be Ivory. Didn't take too long after that. Between this one, the rattan one, and the golf shaft pen I feel like I got to see every pen on IAP, but I know I just scratched the surface.

Even after I figured it was sterling silver and ivory or antler of some sort it still took me hours. I bet I tried 300-350 different searches before I found it😉

Top Bottom