Puzzle #1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here we go with puzzle #1 - this should be a very easy wood identification

DO NOT POST YOUR GUESSES IN THIS THREAD - READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!

Your challenge for this puzzle is to identify the wood in the front end loader of my tractor. This was a tree from my farm in Columbus, TX that had been growing in our fence line for many years, but recently died & fell down. The tree was about 25-30 feet tall and this wood in the loader is only the top 1/3 of the tree. The largest log here is 12" in diameter. This particular wood was mentioned in at least two threads last month.

Now the rules for this puzzle:

The overall Puzzle Rules & Universal BASH Rules apply. They can be found here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f311/puzzle-contest-official-rules-138229/

You may make only one guess, so take your time.

You must email your guess to iap.puzzles@gmail.com - your entry must contain your guess, your real first and last name, your IAP Screen name, and your email address. Invalid or multiple entries will be disqualified.

Here is a sample reply:

Email Subject: Puzzle #1
My guess for Puzzle #1 is: pecan
John Doe
johndoerocks
johndoe at iknowmywood dot com

You have until 3:00 PM CST tomorrow to get your guesses in for this puzzle.

All correct guesses will earn one point toward the overall puzzle prize total and all correct guesses will go into a random draw for the two prizes available for this particular puzzle.

I will accept either the scientific name or a common name for this wood.

There should be enough information in the description & photos to identify this wood, but I will give you one additional hint: it is NOT pecan. :)

Banter is encouraged and may be posted in this thread.

Good luck & have fun.
Edgar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

You're all lucky that the contest chairs are not allowed to enter these puzzle contests because I already know the answer to this one.......( that sure sounds better than I haven't got a clue, huh?)
Let the anxiety begin......Edgar, you are evil~

alankulwicki7

You're all lucky that the contest chairs are not allowed to enter these puzzle contests because I already know the answer to this one.......( that sure sounds better than I haven't got a clue, huh?)
Let the anxiety begin......Edgar, you are evil~

Not only don't I have a clue but being a contest chair will save me a lot of time and angst over the next few weeks:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom