Put a hat on it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
This time I had a shape in mind when I started this stopper. I was going for the shape of a bowler hat and I think I can fairly close. The blank is Cocobolo one of my favorites. The finish is 10 coats of WTF. All C&C are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 81
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'd say you pretty well nailed it.
The grain is really nice in that CB blank too.

solobiker

I like the shape of that one a lot. You are doing great and I enjoy turning that kind of wood too. Thanks for sharing.

studioseven

Cocobolo is one of my favorite woods and this really looks great. But I'm curious as to what is in the canister this will cork. I'm developing quite the thirst.

Seven.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Steven, thanks a lot for the nice comment. I cant tell you just what I'll be corking, I dont want those reanewers getting wind of what I'm doing. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Old Codger

Dan...Great Bowler Hat Stopper!!! I, like several others, think you turned a great little bowler hat and hope it works as well as you turned it! I noticed that you finished it with WTF...one of my favorite finishes for pens (I HATE CA!!!) and very happy to see others are using WTF for other projects too. Your finish looks GREAT and I'm anxious to hear from you how you feel it holds up to frequent ( :>) ) uses! Again, great turning and wonderful project! Safe turning to you... Also a retired Sailor ( CTMSCS Harris, USN)...always nice to see a fellow sailor on the forums! Safe turning to you and yours always!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks Ken for the nice comment. It's great that we have so many vets on this site and a good number of the Navy. I really like WTF. I'm not sure how it hold up over time yet. I guess I need to look at some of the pens my Wife has to see what the finish looks like.

Top Bottom