Purple Magma

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Valleyboy

Valleyboy

Hi all

This material far exceeded the expectations I had when I first bought it. It's acrylic and I think it looks like some kind of geological seam running through it. I'm not even sure what it is or how it is made, probably some laser printing wizardry. Anyway I made a point of lining it up between cap and barrel and it just looks really effective.

One of the nice things about using social media to advertise and sell pens, as I do, is the immediate feedback in the form of comments and "likes". So in the case of this pen, for example, I know it went down well with the followers I have. This is one of the few benefits that on-line has over face-to-face because, even though it sold quite quickly, people were and still are able to see it and comment on it. However at a craft/pen fair once it's gone it's gone so, unless you make several of the same pen (which I don't tend to do), the opportunity for feedback pretty much ends once its sold.

Anyway here it is. 13mm cap threads and 15mm barrel. Jowo nib and c/c fed. Sterling silver accents and purple complimentary finials and section.

Cheers
Ash
IMG_0636.jpegIMG_0642.jpegIMG_0651.jpegIMG_0628.jpegIMG_0655.jpegIMG_0659.jpegIMG_0649.jpegIMG_0660.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpeg
    IMG_0645.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ccccchunt

Stunning!!!! I sell most my pens/bottlestoppers etc. to people that Like and Share my Facebook posts.
I always post pictures of the items I sell and I usually get 3-4 custom orders from each posting.

I post the picture with "This awesome thingamajig came off my lathe". It's already sold but if you want something similar, just PM me! I usually get a bunch of supplies.

Just today I sold 6 Artisan Pizza Cutters by posting ONE picture.

Valleyboy

Stunning!!!! I sell most my pens/bottlestoppers etc. to people that Like and Share my Facebook posts.
I always post pictures of the items I sell and I usually get 3-4 custom orders from each posting.

I post the picture with "This awesome thingamajig came off my lathe". It's already sold but if you want something similar, just PM me! I usually get a bunch of supplies.

Just today I sold 6 Artisan Pizza Cutters by posting ONE picture.
Thank you.

Yes that's the best way to do it and when I started I used to take orders in that way too, but now I don't. I got to a point where I had a 6 month waiting list and I hated it. It made me realise that I never wanted to have a to-do list waiting for me every time I went into my workshop. I just want to rock up and do whatever I want to do on a given day (and often do nothing much at all). But it is good to have a record of what people responded well to, and what they didn't, which is where social media is very powerful for me.

Cheers
Ash

Top Bottom