Public Forum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Is it time to move the 8th Bash public forum into view?

Do you all have access to it?

Last year I believe we loaded rules and such, then I moved it into public view.

Let me know how you would like it handled!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Jeff,
Right now it is locked so nothing can be posted. If you'd unlock it we can start to post the rules and move it into public view later on tonight. I would like to have administrator privileges so I can edit, revise, stick and un-stick as needed

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
A couple final details and I would be ready to post mine, will there be a way to extend the edit time within the forum to allow more time to update the posts as info changes? For example, once the prizes are determined it would be nice to edit the post to include those.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff,
Right now it is locked so nothing can be posted. If you'd unlock it we can start to post the rules and move it into public view later on tonight. I would like to have administrator privileges so I can edit, revise, stick and un-stick as needed

LOCKED! What kind of knucklehead would loc... Oh. :clown:

It's unlocked now!

Mike, you are a moderator in there and here as well.

Do we also need the Vendor Discount and Trivia subforums again?

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
A couple final details and I would be ready to post mine, will there be a way to extend the edit time within the forum to allow more time to update the posts as info changes? For example, once the prizes are determined it would be nice to edit the post to include those.

Landon, you mean in this forum or the public one?

Here I can make it as long as needed.

Beware that if I make it longer in the public forum that users will be able to edit their posts as well...

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
The public one Jeff. Not sure if it is best for everyone but it would certainly make it easier on the contest chairs. I completely understand the complications, if there any easier way I'm all for it. The juice might not be worth the squeeze so to speak but I thought I'd ask. Might just be best to leave it alone.

Last edited:

Phunky_2003

After giving it thought also, I'd go ahead with the Vendor forum also. It gives the the feeling of being more involved in the bash if they have a thread there they can be activee in.

Just my thoughts. And I believe they both worked out really well last year.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
What are we allowing vendors to discuss in the vendor forum? We may need to suspend the usual product reference rules.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
What are we allowing vendors to discuss in the vendor forum? We may need to suspend the usual product reference rules.

Vendor Discounts are a big part of the BASH. What member wouldn't like the kind of deals that have been offered by vendors during the BASH? I think that suspending the rules to allow vendors to announce offers and discounts on their products, in the Vendor Discounts sub-forum is the thing to do. I know that I usually increase my "Supply Inventory during the Month of February.:tongue:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Subforums are created!

As far as suspending the product reference rules, that's fine, but I think it should only be for members who are supporting the bash in some way. We should require that some sale or special offer be extended during the bash in order to post in that forum.

How that gets written up and announced is up for grabs.

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Subforums are created!

As far as suspending the product reference rules, that's fine, but I think it should only be for members who are supporting the bash in some way. We should require that some sale or special offer be extended during the bash in order to post in that forum.

I have too much on my plate to work on that but I think it a great idea. Hopefully someone gets that up and announced.

bensoelberg

Subforums are created!

I feel like the Bash is a time of one fun surprise after another for the general membership. Extending that privilege to the vendors who support the bash only seems fair. I don't sell anything on here so the new classifieds rules haven't really affected me one way or another, but I imagine that when vendors see that they can promote their product without worrying about breaking the rules, that would be a pleasant surprise! Plus, maybe a few of the other vendors who didn't donate something or run a sale will be more inspired to do so in order to get into that forum for the month. Win Win!!!

Top Bottom