Jeer PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start by saying that this was supposed to be a Cheer, until I went through the box. I didn't lace my online order until @10:30pm Wednesday, and they shipped on Friday. That's not as good as most of our smaller vendors, but is much improved past experience with PSI.

All went bad when I opened the box to go through everything. Some blanks were missing. When I checked the invoice, they were on there, but crossed out. I went online, and they are out of stock (showed in stock when ordered), so I checked my account history, and all PSI emails. No notification that 1/3 of my order was out of stock. The order confirmation included the blanks, and the only other email was a shipment notification.

I went through the same thing on my very last order from them in November. Some items were missing from the order because they were out of stock, though the site said otherwise. No notification of any kind. If I'd known they were out of stock, I would have replaced them, or just not ordered at all, as the remainder of the order was not worth it after adding shipping. After having to call and talk to 2 different people, they sent alternatives, for no additional shipping. I was not exactly happy after that, but it was acceptable. To have this happen again, is not acceptable at all.

Do you guys have any experience with other companies that give no notification of items that are found to be out of stock during order processing? I've been ordering through the mail since my preteen years, and every time I've ordered an out of stock/backordered item, I've been informed some kind of way. Seems only right.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

I remember back in the "Mail Order" days, where you'd just mail in your order from a catalog, there'd be lots of times your order would come with the missing items marked as "BO" on the packing slip and the invoice amount adjusted accordingly.

In this age of computers and Internet, I've not had anything show up as backordered or out of stock that I've placed when from a website.

As an IT person I can see how this could happen if an item run out of stock during the day, but the inventory adjustments to the database doesn't occur until nightly batch processing occurs. Many companies inventories (especially larger companies) are adjusted this way rather than on the fly as orders are placed.

So I can see it, even understand it. Does it disappoint me? Yes it does!

Does it keep me from going back? Not normally, so long as they offer some effort to try and make it right, as it appears they did for you.

What if they brush me of or snub me after talking with them (on the phone, not email) about the problem? Then it was nice doing business with them while it lasted, lets find a new supplier. About the only place I've found this level of not caring for the customer is with the "Uber Banks" I won't deal with any of them.

walshjp17

Since you are in Philly, if this were me, I would have hopped in the car and headed to their retail outlet to discuss the situation.

They do not use barcoding which would/should automagically and dynamically update their inventories.

Guess they need to sell a few more pen kits and blanks to afford new software.:biggrin::biggrin:

JohnGreco

Since you are in Philly, if this were me, I would have hopped in the car and headed to their retail outlet to discuss the situation.

They do not use barcoding which would/should automagically and dynamically update their inventories.

Guess they need to sell a few more pen kits and blanks to afford new software.:biggrin::biggrin:

Except when he gets to the retail outlet they will say they are completely separate from online/catalog :(

Yeah, most days that's a 45 minute hop (SW to NE). As has been mentioned, the retail location is a separate entity.

I had the same conversation, more than once. Then you have to pay shipping on the new items you ordered to replace them. I do order from them, but not for things I need fast, they lose that business to others.

mdm0829

Find another supplier. I did after Ed asked me to take my business elsewhere. I have not missed them. My issue is not with shipping, it's the fact they they refuse to admit that they are wrong ; it's always someone else's fault.

DigBaddy72

And I was just starting to think that I was the only one with PSI ordering problems....too bad as I really like their selection. Time for me to start giving my business to the vendors of IAP!

ChrisN

I thought I might get lucky and get my shipment from PSI without trouble. I ordered a 6 pen Polaris starter set and was hoping to make a pen/pencil set of the Rhodium finish for myself, but the pencil was marked on my packing list as discontinued.:mad:

Gunny

I placed my first order with PSI. I also placed an order with WoodNWhimsie the same morning. The orders were placed Friday morning, and I have already received my order from WoodNWhimsie. Monday I placed my resin order from Alumilite, and it showed up at 0730 this morning. PSI hit my bank account the monday after I placed my order, I received my order confirmation on Tuesday, and my order is not expected until Apr 30, end of day. **** poor first impression to say the least!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I placed my first order with PSI. I also placed an order with WoodNWhimsie the same morning. The orders were placed Friday morning, and I have already received my order from WoodNWhimsie. Monday I placed my resin order from Alumilite, and it showed up at 0730 this morning. PSI hit my bank account the monday after I placed my order, I received my order confirmation on Tuesday, and my order is not expected until Apr 30, end of day. **** poor first impression to say the least!
PSI does put items on back order. My experience is if the item is expected to be back in stock within 30 days they will ship it when it arrives, if it is not expected they just delete it from the order and refund the cost. That can adversly effect your shipping cost per item. It is however what the law allows them to do --- in the past some companies would hold your money for months on end for back ordered items then legislation was passed that requires them not to do that. My practice if an item is out of stock is to contact the buyer and ask if they want the rest of the order ... in some cases I cancel the order and advise the buyer that the item is out of stock and I don't have a date when it will be restocked.

Last edited:
PSI does put items on back order. My experience is if the item is expected to be back in stock within 30 days they will ship it when it arrives, if it is not expected they just delete it from the order and refund the cost. That can adversly effect your shipping cost per item. It is however what the law allows them to do --- in the past some companies would hold your money for months on end for back ordered items then legislation was passed that requires them not to do that. My practice if an item is out of stock is to contact the buyer and ask if they want the rest of the order ... in some cases I cancel the order and advise the buyer that the item is out of stock and I don't have a date when it will be restocked.

And that is how it should be done. Price per item an take a huge jump, and make the order not worthwhile. Adjustments can't be made if the customer isn't aware.

jyreene

I must be lucky. I've yet to have a problem with PSI. The one time they ran out of an item they emailed me and asked me to call to go over possible replacement options.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
I don't have problems with PSI. I don't order from them. I have seen too much negative on this site to even allow me to consider ordering from them. If I need something that only PSI has, I order it, or pick it up from Woodturningz! Other companies? I call my order in and talk to a real live homo-sapien. If they won't take my order by phone, so I know the status of my order, they lose the sale. Plain and Simple!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom