PSI Woodturning Club Discount

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MTViper

Last week I got the following email:

Your name has been given to us by your Woodturnings Club TX021 Woodturners of North Texas. You as a member of your club, are entitled to a discount for any and all products purchased from Penn State Industries. Once your account is set up, all you have to do is go onto our website (www.pennstateind.com), log into your account, and make a purchase. A 10% discount will be applied to your basket at checkout. That's it !!
Note you will NOT be able to receive club discounts unless your are properly logged into our site

It came from: Steve Smith, ssmith@pennstateind.com , Club Relationship Manager, Penn State Industries

I emailed Mr. Smith back, thanking PSI for this discount. The next day, I thought about it a little more and wondered why his email didn't have the traditional pictures and such as all the other emails I get from PSI have. So I went to the PSI website, logged in, and chatted with a live operator. I asked her specifically if they had a Mr Smith there and she verified he was in charge of company relationships with woodturning clubs. Then I got a reply from Mr. Smith thanking me for my email.

This discount was new to me. I don''t know how many AAW affiliated woodturning clubs know about it I've been a member of this club for 10 years and this is the first I've heard about it. If it's news to you, too, you might have your club officers contact Mr. Smith to get on the list. I order quite a bit from PSI and 10% over the years would have helped a lot

Just wanted to pass this on in case your club hasn't signed up for this. Cleared this with Jeff so if it's in the wrong place, blame him.

Steve Kniffen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

It is a new club program from PSI. They announced it at the last AAW symposium. A few folks from my local Woodturning club were there and got the information. Our club sent our list of members and PSI emailed each person with the info they needed to register and get the discount.

I registered with PSI and now have an account with them to get the discount. I haven't made a purchase yet.

WriteON

Does being a member of IAP count?
Also there is a $5.00 off code off that I will secretly reveal. It might work on top of their discount. As for shipping they offer economy shipping which is quite reasonable. I personally swear by PSI. Maybe someone should contact them and get all IAP members in good standing a discount.

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
My humble opinion, and first reaction is GOOD for YOU! PSI monitors this site regularly. Members have been word of mouth advertising for them for at least as long as I've been a member here. Sure, we get discount offers, especially on the day after we place an order. It just seems to me they might make our members the same offer. Without asking for it.

Curly

Our club must get permission from each of us to give out any personal information outside the club. Even within the club members can opt not to have their information made available to anyone beyond the treasurer. Next time I talk to the executive I'll tell them of the PSI discount to clubs and see if they want to bring it to the membership. Except for a few snowbirds very few of us order from them because of the exchange and possible fees and taxes the government likes to add so they tend to buy from suppliers here. If PSI wants to give us an additional break that could change.

MTViper

Well there is Mr. Smith's contact info if the IAP webmasters want to contact them and ask. I think it should come from the ones in charge instead of all the other members.

Lucky2

Any PSI stock that I purchase, is purchased through a PSI reseller here in Canada. There is a few of them in Canada, and they honour PSI prices. I've purchased from them a few times, and it was pretty much the same as ordering from PSI themselves. Any and all specials offered by PSI, were offered through those dealers. Now I don't know if they honour this discount or not, but It would be worth asking if I was ordering anything.

Len

duncsuss

Our club must get permission from each of us to give out any personal information outside the club.

Exactly as it should be.

I'm the membership director of my club, and I will NEVER simply send the club membership list to anyone (vendor or otherwise). I ask all club members if they are willing to share their contact details with outsiders, and they must explicitly opt-in before I give it out. Hartville Tool is one company that offers club discounts - but they aren't interested in emails, they want home addresses - and so I now ask members specifically if they'd like to be on that list, as a separate question from the email permission.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, @MTViper - I'll add it to the things I mention at the next club meeting, and let people opt-in if they wish.

TonyL

The highest percentage discount is between 150 and 249; lowest percentage is >= 250

Top Bottom