PSI Vertex Click Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

steamshovel

I am looking at the PSI Vertex Click Pen from Craft Supplies #1052380004 and was wondering if any one has any knowledge about them. I have had back luck with clickers and was wanting one that I don't have to adjust continuously to get it right.

Thanks for any help

Preston

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The vertex and the Stratus have basically the same click mechanism, and I feel it is the best one available. Never had any problems with it, simple to assemble and the customers like the feel of it.

I love the Vertex. It is one of my consistently best sellers and it is also my daily user.

However, it does have one weak spot. If you drop it on a hard surface (like a concrete floor) and it hits the top end, the click post tends to break off (DAMHIKT). Most often it is "fixable" but it's a pia. The Stratus is the same.

This is NOT a "do not buy" warning. I love the balance and fit of this pen. Just something to be aware of.

yorkie

Always been solid for me.

TIP: cut off the tip of a toothpick and push into the hole in the top of the plastic of the clicker mechanism together with a drop of CA before you screw on the plunger. This will strengthen the plunger mechanism and stop it from breaking if dropped.

ossaguy

I like this kit,but I found that If you want the flats of the nib and clicker end to line up in the same plane ( that's how I like it) takes a different approach than the instructions spell out.

If you go by the instructions,it says to press in the nib coupler first,then the clicker end.Then after that,put in the refill then screw the nib onto the coupler.( that's how I remember it,anyway)

Doing it like that,it's only by chance that the flats will line up when it's tightened.

So what I do is press in the clicker end,then screw the nib onto the coupler til seated,then you know where it;s gonna be when it's final assembled.Then after careful lining up of the flats,press it in far enough to have the coupler stay tight in the tube,then turn off the nib and press the coupler home.

Then when the nib is screwed on,the flats are in the same plane.

That's how I've done the last couple I've done.The first one I did I tried to turn the hex of the nib with a 7/16'' wrench to try to line the flats up,but even with a rag it dinged up the plating,ruining it.

Steve

Last edited:
Aha!! The toothpick is a wonderful solution. I had been using a piece of an 18 gauge brad from my brad nail gun with epoxy. The toothpick and CA sounds easier and just as effective. Gotta love this place.

ELCAMINO63

I have not had any issues with then except one if they fall on to the floor from a 3 ft drop I have seen the plastic inside them bust where it screws on top screws on

Top Bottom