PSI Steampunk Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jondavidj

jondavidj

Hello all,

This is the new Steampunk Pen from PSI. It is on page 102 of the catalog. I promised that I would not post any photos until the catalog release. Thanks to PSI for letting me make this pen and write the tutorial. I know many people make their blanks different ways so it was an honor.

Please let me know what you think.

Jon David Jones

Attachments

• Steampunk Pen -2.jpg
    Steampunk Pen -2.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 834
  • Steampunk Pen -3.jpg
    Steampunk Pen -3.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 1,216
  • Steampunk Pen -4.jpg
    Steampunk Pen -4.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 4,505
  • Steampunk Pen -5.jpg
    Steampunk Pen -5.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 3,626
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

Jon,
I love this pen. Did you make the blank or purchase it?

Seven

Hello all,

This is the new Steampunk Pen from PSI. It is on page 102 of the catalog. I promised that I would not post any photos until the catalog release. Thanks to PSI for letting me make this pen and write the tutorial. I know many people make their blanks different ways so it was an honor.

Please let me know what you think.

Jon David Jones

Beautiful.

Woodkiller

Like jimm1 said, I have seen this pen in person and was blown away by it. I had the pleasure(as did jimm1) to have Jon show us how to make that type of blank, maybe that is why the tutorial was so familiar to me. I just got the new catalog from PSI and I saw that you had written the tutorial for this bad boy, and wanted to congratulate you on that.

Btw, ask whoever does the catalogs if they need a proofreader, or at least someone that can read page numbers. When they say the tutorial is on page 44, but it is really on page 102( & there are other examples too) they look really ignorant, especially if he problem runs a few months in a row.

Rodnall

They show them on the web site, but it says they're out of stock already. Did they really have them or are they looking to see how much interest in them before they order?

jondavidj

Hi Eric...I saw that tonight too.....I will have to think of some ideas......

Rodnall - Steven said they were on a plane headed this way. I see PSI is closed tomorrow as well. I bet they will go on sell Wednesday.....

Rodnall

Thanks Jon, I'm really excited to try them out. I need to figure out where to buy some blanks to fit the kit as I don't cast. They are awesome looking.

Signguy

I found the individual pens available and ordered one of each finish, but the kit of three with bushings was still out of stock. Didn't really matter since it uses the same bushings as the Victorian kit.

I'm interested to make a few, but not sure I will order anymore because the price point seems way too high too me so I'm not sure they can be sold for enough to cover it with a good margin.

Top Bottom