PSI Rant

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kevrob

Yes, I normally get PSI stuff through Woodturningz, but I ordered some specialized type of items that I thought Woodturningz might have to order. I guess I learned my lesson and will alway try Woodturningz first....

The last time I ordered from PSI I had no problems.. got my stuff within a couple of days. I made an order the second of July and haven't heard squat about it. Granted, they were closed from the second to the fourth, but I feel like I may not hear from them until next week. Unsettling when I was really hoping to get a couple orders out soon.

avbill

i have nothing good to say about PSI I wrote a letter to the vice president in May and still have not heard anything from him! This should tell you something about the company's integrity.

PenMan1

Everyting sold by PSi can be purchased from resellers and often for less. A phone call to your favorite PSI reseller may be necessry but I've never failed to get what I wanted from the two independent PSi resellers I use.

Ernie has a top notch business...he has never disappointed me...never.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Well.....not exactly everything. As soon as Ryan starts carrying the glass display window boxes and large inserts (currency on back order from PSI, again), the fine folks from Philly WON'T be hearing from my fat arse, again!

They are usually pretty good for me, but last month I returned a carbide mill (DO NOT GET ONE, they are garbage).

They didn't refund my return until my wife called them...guess they just kinda forgot.

I've been holding off on an order from them due to their recent behavior.

snyiper

I get all my PSI line through WoodnWhimsis I deal with Tracy either on the phone or email and there are great prices and awesome service. I have had excellent results and will even be willing to pay slightly more just for the service I recieve.

DurocShark

My last order with PSI (collet chuck, jewely kits) was fast and complete. As usual, I had (so far) one bad transmission out of dozens.

Emailed their cust serv asking for a new one. In my experience they won't respond, but I'll get a package in the mail with a replacement.

They don't do email well for some reason. I'd so love to go take over their call center/customer contact dept and straighten them out. If I ran a corporate help desk like they run customer service I'd be out of a job really quick! PSI has the marketing, the inventory, and the money to do it right. But it doesn't happen. That's a management failure if I've ever seen one.

le_skieur

Everyting sold by PSi can be purchased from resellers and often for less. A phone call to your favorite PSI reseller may be necessry but I've never failed to get what I wanted from the two independent PSi resellers I use.

Ernie has a top notch business...he has never disappointed me...never.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Well.....not exactly everything. As soon as Ryan starts carrying the glass display window boxes and large inserts (currency on back order from PSI, again), the fine folks from Philly WON'T be hearing from my fat arse, again!

Hi PenMan1

I do buy a lot of those pen boxes and just tried those new ones.http://http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKBOXHE2.html If someone else carries it GREAT, I will be happy to give him my business. I do buy a lot of Majestic Jr but that I can leave without, there are so many other nice pen kits on the market, and we have plenty of choice.

My point at the time I re-open this thread was WYSIWYG but in the case of PSI that is not thru. Web site say's: We are open from 8:30am to 8:30pm hum… Try to call them at 5:30pm with an issue and see. Also same information's on the email.

One thing I forgot to mention and it is very important: The company policy regarding the customer service is not reflecting all the people who work for PSI. I have deal with Maria many times and she did her best to make me satisfied. But the point is not there, this should not happen.

Last edited:

GoodTurns

finally got a PSI bite....

my dust collector crapped out last weekend, found a relatively economical replacement from PSI, along with a bunch of other items that I had been thinking about.... called Wednesday (they were closed Monday, figured a day to catch up was reasonable) and was assured everything was shipping that day, called back this AM since I have not yet received the shipping confirm and was told "we never promise when something is going to ship" then told that since I had purchased "machinery" I would have to wait for a call back from their salesman. I have been one of the lucky ones and have previously been happy with PSI service...c'est la vie...

pianomanpj

I've ordered from PSI several times, and shipping is always slow when you go through their website. When I phone in an order and ask for them to expedite the shipping, I get it in a reasonable time. My BIG gripe, however, is the quality control. Almost HALF of the high end kits (every other order) I get has an issue. Not a HUGE issue, but if I am selling high-end pens, I can't have crystals crooked or center bands cockeyed. They are always quick to ship me a new part when I call; I just hate having to even do that. My one other complaint is when I needed a new cap/clip for a Majestic. Since it is an expensive part, I don't fault them for wanting it back. However, I had to pay the shipping! I would have expected them to send me a shipping label when they mailed me the new one. Either way, small potatoes, but sheesh!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I don't want to delete what everyone is saying here so please look at the new guidelines and try to follow them as best you can.

There are some changes taking place and we all need to act accordingly, please work with me to help keep this as uncluttered and as organized as possible. Thank you

1)Comments made that are off topic will be removed ( a review on a vendor should not be followed up by a comment about another vendor).

2)Reviews alluding to another vendor will be removed, please state clearly which vendor you are referrring to to keep any misunderstandings from taking place.

3)If you are posting a negative review on a vendor, please be able to support your statement with documentation of the facts.

4)A thread stating you like a vendor because you received your package in a couple of days is not a vendor review. Please contact Wolftat if you feel the need to write a review based on this and I will assist you in writing a full review.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom