PSI order NOT a rant

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

steeler fan1

Just thought I'd post a recent experience with a PSI order. To preface let me clearly state this is not a rant against PSI. I simply find it curious their internet business practice.

Placed an internet order with them on Monday, understanding I would not receive it right away, I'm fine with that, no big hurry. Here is a portion of the the automated confirmation I got:

"This is an automated response to your online order.

Your order will be shipped as soon as possible, typically within a week of normal business operation. "

The thing that is amazing is the within a week part. It takes a week to pick and ship a small order of pen supplies? Obviously they must do something right, they seem to be a big player in this field. But a week! Will be interesting to see how long it really takesd but I was amazed.

Again, I'm not ragging on them, I was just shocked.

Carl

Last edited:

firewhatfire

The last time I ordered on a weekend, I called on Monday to verify my information went through and they said they had recieved close to 600 orders that weekend. Just another little tidbit of info to add on your pondering list.

Phil

76winger

I think it's a standard CYA message for all orders.

Most of the time I've gotten another email within a couple days indicating my order has shipped, and I almost always have it within 5 working days of my placing the order.

If they happen to be REALLY BUSY, then that disclaimer gives them something to fall back on. Where I work, we regularly refer back to our SLA (Service Level Agreement) when people question why something is taking so long, and I think that's the purpose of PSI including that in their email.

Top Bottom