PSI Fly Fishing Ball Point Twist - How To Replace Refill?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I just sold two of these, but I really don't know the best way to advise the customer as to how to replace the refill: Pull the barrel from the lower section/nib (doesn't pull off easily) or unscrew the lower section and extension (not really the most fool-proof way)? I did post a question on PSI's site. Thx!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

John Eldeen

Tony I would definitely go with unscrew the lower section. I dont think pulling it apart repeatedly would be the right answer some of those kit are really tight when assembling. I personally have had a couple of them ( if memory serves me right mostly the pewter ones) I had to drill the top to even put them together.

TonyL

Tony I would definitely go with unscrew the lower section. I dont think pulling it apart repeatedly would be the right answer some of those kit are really tight when assembling. I personally have had a couple of them ( if memory serves me right mostly the pewter ones) I had to drill the top to even put them together.
Thank you. That is what I wound up doing. Appreciate the reply.

TonyL

This is what PSI had to say:
You asked: What is the best way to replace the refill: 1 - pull the barrel from the lower section/nib OR unscrew the lower section and extension? Thank you.
Jerry Staff: Hello,

To replace the refill, just pull the tip assembly from the upper section. Unscrew
the twist mechanism, expose and pull the old refill. Insert a new, fresh refill.

John Eldeen

This is what PSI had to say:
You asked: What is the best way to replace the refill: 1 - pull the barrel from the lower section/nib OR unscrew the lower section and extension? Thank you.
Jerry Staff: Hello,

To replace the refill, just pull the tip assembly from the upper section. Unscrew
the twist mechanism, expose and pull the old refill. Insert a new, fresh refill.

Thanks for the update Tony but I think I will still continue to tell my costumers to just unscrew the nib section for the reasons previously stated.

WriteON

FlyFishPen...PSI instructions. All PSI kits show instructions on their website. "• To replace the refill, twist the tip counter clockwise until front end assembly disengages."
When I give a pen away I explain the refills are replaceable and show what to do... First thing I say on any pen that is spiring loaded is point the tip away from anyone close as it can go airborne

Top Bottom