PSI Disk Stylus Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Penultimate

Penultimate

Greetings
I am quite please how this kit turned out. I purchased the starter kit that includes one each of chrome, black chrome and gold kits and the bushings. I hoped for a long time that someone would make this kind of kit. I purchased one of the first disk OEM stylus and it never worked for me. I figured with three kits and extra tips I could make something work.

The first thing I had to do was move the clip from the stylus side to the pen side. This is a stylus first and a pen second. I scarfed up the gold stylus tip to see how the clip was secured. The first pic shows the assembly apart. I knocked the black chrome nib assembly apart using a pin punch and a hole drilled in MDF to support the clip.

I prepared the tubes by painting them red and glued in place. I then used a 23/64 drill to cut a 0.03 deep pocket for the clip on the long pen side blank. I finished the blanks and filed a notch for the clip. On the stylus side assembly I sanded away the brass collar to eliminate the clip notch.Then assemble the pen.

Wow, the stylus works superbly. I spent most of Monday taking notes on my iPad with no problems. It took getting used to since the feel is a little different than a mesh stylus. The disk is quiet while writing. The threaded part on the pen nib is convenient for posting the stylus cap.

Overall lenght is 5.65 inches is well balanced but little heavy.

I will probably make the last kit without the pen side.

C & C welcomed. There is a lot of dust on the second pen photo, I forgot to wipe it down.:mad:

Attachments

• stylus nib a.jpg
    stylus nib a.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 189
  • disk stylus1a.jpg
    disk stylus1a.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 239
  • disk stylus2a.jpg
    disk stylus2a.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

eharri446

I have 4 that were from WoodTruningZ called the Super Stylus. The only different was that the stylus cover screws on over the stylus but has a magnet to hold it over the pen end.

I like the screw on over the pen that the PSI kit has.

Top Bottom