PSI Crochet Hook kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chaz

This is a PSI Crochet hook kit.

I don't remember who made the blank. It was an experiment and not continued.
Painted inside.

I won't buy the kit anymore. You can order all the parts a la carte and I won't be using the nice packaging, the useless pocket clip or the end cap. Hooks, tubes and springs.

The PSI kit comes with a Bates-style hook. There's another type called Boye. The difference is the way the tip is made. I wish PSI would make that Boye-type hook available. The thing with Crocheters is they tend to prefer one type over the other. I've lost sales - a lot of sales - because of it. A customer might love everything else about the set, but the tip is a total deal-breaker for them. I'd like to offer both styles with the PSI hardware.

64643318_1063027273887107_3110987615860424704_n.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Any chance you could use normal metal crochet hooks with the tip style you want, and just drill a hole into a blank to hold them? I know you can buy sets of standard crochet hooks in metal. They wouldn't necessarily be interchangeable like the PSI kit, but you could make a whole set each with their own handles turned out of whatever you want, and just glue the back part of the hook into the handle.

Chaz

Sure you could do that. However, there are already hooks in both Bates and Boye styles that have wooden grips that are mass-produced. The chances of making one that comes in at a similar price point would be difficult at best. You can use one of these kits, make one handle and have 7 or 8 tips to include with it. Better deal all around.

Top Bottom