PSI Collet Chuck System

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bassinhuntin

OK saved up for a collet chucking system. Purchased the one from Penn State http://www.pennstateind.com/store/LCDOWEL.html. HAd some good reviews and found it on Amazon for $81. Now the main reason was to make the real lead bullet pens. 1/4" collet too small and 3/8" is too big. Uh Oh I think I need a 7/16" collet. Does anyone know where I can purchase extra collets for this system. Penn State was no help. All they could say was we purchased these from overseas Sorry. :mad:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

Check ebay. Seller known as 800Watt is great to deal with. The PSI is an ER-32 collet size.

You may be better off looking at the metric collets. He usually has a good selection either singles or sets.

PaulDoug

When looking at 800watts collet sets look at the price on all of them. I noticed he had different prices for the same sets and some with free shipping.

pianomanpj

Don't expect an e-mail back from 800watt. Although he is notorious for not responding to e-mail (so I have heard), he is just as good at fulfilling auctions. I bought the full metric set (2mm - 20mm) and couldn't be happier.

PaulDoug

I made wood collets that fit into a collet on the collet chuck for turning bullets and such. The wood chucks work just fine and will not scratch the bullets or cartridges.

randyrls

Does anyone know where I can purchase extra collets for this system. Penn State was no help. All they could say was we purchased these from overseas Sorry. :mad:

As others have posted, 800watt on Ebay sells complete sets. Get the 18 piece metric set as it covers the continuous range of sizes without gaps.
The collets are rather strangely marked like "6-5mm" meaning the largest size it will grip is 6mm down to 5mm. Never force anything into a collet, if it doesn't fit, use the next larger collet. Collets are like mandrels, good for a long time, but don't last forever.

RHossack

I made wood collets that fit into a collet on the collet chuck for turning bullets and such. The wood chucks work just fine and will not scratch the bullets or cartridges.
Paul????

3768613NoPicsDidn__tHappen.gif

Lenny

I have done as Paul suggested .... simply chuck up a piece of 3/4" dowel and drill it out with a 7/16" bit .... then cut a couple kerfs length wise, part way, (forming an X slit).

Top Bottom