PSI Cameron Chrome RB Kit - Clearance Price

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Just noticed this clearance pricing at PSI on the Cameron Chrome RB ..... quite a nice looking pen, priced well !
Appears to be similar to Jr. Gent or maybe a little smaller, a bit like the Baron.

Anybody know anything about this kit ? . I am wondering why only this particular plating option is being cleared out.
Here's the link :

The latest reference to the use of a Cameron pen kit here on IAP is this link:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I have made and sold a lot of this kit. Lots of room for segmenting. It was my segmented entry in the bash a few years ago.

Attachments

• 16552FD9-69E8-43DE-B315-C74830DAD713.jpeg
    16552FD9-69E8-43DE-B315-C74830DAD713.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 113

sorcerertd

I really liked this kit, but if I'm not mistaken, there were threads on the section, but not on the cap. It seemed odd to me, like the section was just repurposed from a different kit. That's a great price, though.

Bats

I really liked this kit, but if I'm not mistaken, there were threads on the section, but not on the cap. It seemed odd to me, like the section was just repurposed from a different kit. That's a great price, though.
That does sound rather odd. I've got one here (a reject, sadly - the hardware was too tight on all four pieces (and too tight to get back out for more barrel reaming) and cracked the cap) and both the section and cap are 3-start threaded, although the finial isn't.

magpens

Instruction sheet says :
"Posts on both ends with smooth multi entry thread style on cap end and a press fit on the back end."

I take that to mean that the cap does have threads ..... as you would expect ..... and, of course, require !
However, that statement does have another weirdity in expressing whatever it is trying to say. . And errors do get published !!

magpens

That does sound rather odd. I've got one here (a reject, sadly - the hardware was too tight on all four pieces (and too tight to get back out for more barrel reaming) and cracked the cap) and both the section and cap are 3-start threaded, although the finial isn't.

Aha !! . . . . . Possible REASONS FOR THE CLEARANCE PRICING ?????

sorcerertd

Maybe I'm thinking of a different kit. I thought this was basically a "friction" fit cap (not really snap on, but not screw on, either). Maybe I was looking at way too many pens and my eyes just crossed in there somewhere?

OK, I see it. "Press fit" on the back end.

qquake

Here's one I made in lignum vitae. It made a nice pen, but as you can see the friction fit is a little sketchy. This one is gunmetal.

Attachments

• 147.jpg
    147.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 148.jpg
    148.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 149.jpg
    149.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 151.jpg
    151.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 152.jpg
    152.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 153.jpg
    153.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 154.jpg
    154.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 96
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 94

qquake

The spring is different than any I've ever seen in a rollerball kit.

Attachments

• 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 70
  • 113_spring.jpg
    113_spring.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 72

magpens

@qquake

Jim, you use the word "sketchy" above ... in relation ... I believe ... to the fit of the cap when posted on the finial ( the writing position ).

Am I right in that interpretation of what you said ?

Assuming that I am, I have to say that the picture of the Cameron in that configuration DOES look "different" from other Jr. Gent style pens when in their equivalent posted positions.

I'll appreciate your comment.

qquake

@qquake

Jim, you use the word "sketchy" above ... in relation ... I believe ... to the fit of the cap when posted on the finial ( the writing position ).

Am I right in that interpretation of what you said ?

Assuming that I am, I have to say that the picture of the Cameron in that configuration DOES look "different" from other Jr. Gent style pens when in their equivalent posted positions.

I'll appreciate your comment.
Unfortunately, I no longer have the pen, and I don't have another kit, so I can't give you any details. I just remember not being overly happy with the friction fit.

magpens

@qquake

Thanks, Jim. . . Wasn't looking for any quantitative details, actually. . . Basically just for confirmation from you that my interpretation is right, for what you said in post #10 above ..... regarding your use of the term "sketchy" ..... which I assume is based on your MEMORY of the pen since you no longer possess the pen.

qquake

@qquake

Thanks, Jim. . . Wasn't looking for any quantitative details, actually. . . Basically just for confirmation from you that my interpretation is right, for what you said in post #10 above ..... regarding your use of the term "sketchy" ..... which I assume is based on your MEMORY of the pen since you no longer possess the pen.
You are correct, sir.

Top Bottom