PSA thread on metal fabric styles tip doesn't match Woodcraft Stylus insert

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daju

Well, I may have made my last purchase at PSI. I made my wife (and my daughter and both grandkids)a stylus pointer From either woodcraft or Beartooth. She loves it but she used up the little rubber ball at the end. I thought I would would replace it with one of those metal fabric kinds from PSI. I ordered them and they came today. Stupid me. I assumed that the thread would be the same. It wasn't. Now just how could I have known? PSi holds the diamer of their bushings and drill bit secret so you have to spend a lot to get nothing. It would cost more to return them that to get them. So PSI won round one. There won't be a round two. :p

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregf

Do you want cheese to go with your whine?

I ran into the same thing, didn't see it as any ones "fault".
Would have been nice if they were the same size though.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
When you are dealing with products from two different manufacturers (PSI and Berea), there is no reason to expect them to be the same design or threading.

RARELY do you find sizes consistent within ONE manufacturer.

Buying one to "try it" is a good plan. When it doesn't work, you got the expected result. Sometimes you get a favorable surprise!!

Sawdust1825

I think that is like buying brakes for a ford and assuming they will fit a chevy. Dan is correct though ask here. I don't see how this is in any way PSI's fault.

Top Bottom