Proxxon KGS-80

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed44

I just got a Proxxon KGS-80 chop saw to use for segmenting. I like the saw but am a little disappointed in the fence. It sees flimsy and I am having trouble making accurate repeatable cuts. Has anyone else had this issue? Has anyone worked out a modification or replacement fence? Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I know this isn't what you want to hear and I usually don't comment much in topics such as this. I don't want to ruffle feathers, but honestly I can't see much use for this saw in segmenting, pretty much no way to use a jig of any kind, trying to think, but I don't think I make any segmented blanks without a jig. Obviously I don't have that saw so my opinion shouldn't carry much weight. If your feathers are ruffled, I apologize.

Ed44

I know this isn't what you want to hear and I usually don't comment much in topics such as this. I don't want to ruffle feathers, but honestly I can't see much use for this saw in segmenting, pretty much no way to use a jig of any kind, trying to think, but I don't think I make any segmented blanks without a jig. Obviously I don't have that saw so my opinion shouldn't carry much weight. If your feathers are ruffled, I apologize.
No ruffled feathers at all. I appreciate your comments. I have limited space and was looking for something that was portable and I could use outside.

Ed44

Thanks for the Video, very enjoyable. Since I first posted, I have added a stop collar to the fence and tightened up the fence attachment and it is working much better. A keeper, I think. Ed

Top Bottom