Provo Pics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Finally getting caught up from being gone from work. Here are a few pics from my stay in Provo at the symposium. Had a great time, super people and wonderfull weather and great turners. What could be better.....:)

200662244546_pr_dan_johnathan.jpg

First stop , the Burl Source, My chauffer Dan Symonds & Johnathan

200662244649_pr_skip_work.jpg

Some of Skip's work, the owner of the Burl Source

200662244754_pr_5axis.jpg

Dan was mixing business with pleasure, he had to make a stop at a machine shop doing work for his company. I thought about buying this 5 axis lathe till I heard the price tag, 1 million plus tooling. What a tour we had of their shop.

200662245121_pr_sharon_doughtie.jpg

Sharon Doughtie demo's her buringing technique and patterns

20066225231_pr_sharons_bowls.jpg

Sharon's work

200662245428_pr_treeline.jpg

So at lunch, I ran down to Treeline which happens to be next to CSU and bought a wood burning set. Wonderfull store for carving, burning & ecthing supplies

20066224565_pr_csu.jpg

Craft Supplies demo and warehouses, what a wonderfull back drop to some beautifull county

200662245711_pr_gisi.jpg

Mark & Brian Gisi do a demo at CSU, during Super Wed. Don Ward was the professional camera man

200662245841_pr_legacy_warehs.jpg

Legacy Ornimental mills is only 4 blocks away from CSU, so I ran over there and took a factory tour, impressive, they have all the toolong and machinery to make all their own parts.

2006622507_pr_legacy900.jpg

I do believe this modell 900 has my name on it

20066225050_pr_julie_heryet.jpg

Julie Heryet, demos chasing threads on her boxes

200662252359_pr_julies_%20bowls.jpg

20066225232_pr_gallery.jpg

Some of the artists displays in the gallery

20066225350_pr_finals.jpg

More displays, there was a ton of stuff on display, all amazing

20066225441_pr_mypens.jpg

Someone had to represent Penturners besides the Yahoo/PMG group that had a display, so I put in a sample of my pens.in the Gallery. Notice Johnathan's great case he was selling.

20066225639_pr_woodsale.jpg

This is the Friday evening parking lot sale at the symposium. If you had a truck, you could have made off with some great wood deals

20066225734_pr_bbq.jpg

Before the parking lot sale, we were treated to a great BBQ ontop of this hillside park, overlooking the city and Lake Utah.

20066225834_pr_silentauction.jpg

Demonstarors at the symposium and others donated there demo pieces at a silent auction that raised over 5,000 and was match by BYU for the Industrial arts program.

200662251013_pr_allan_batty.jpg

Allan Batty and yours truly.

Hope you like the pics. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Can't wait to see the burnt TRECS (sp?) pen! [:D] That could give you some really neat character (not that the twists aren't enough).

Fangar

Thanks Anthony. Those burls in the first photo make me drool. I have a nice order in with LeeTreeWorks as we speak. Getting some stock for some stuff I have in mind.

The pictures were great as usual!

Fangar

its_virgil

WWWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYY isn't the picture with Brian, Mark, and me in COLOR? Don't we rate a color photo?[:(]

Thanks for the pics Anthony. I took my camera and never removed it from the bag. I can't believe you didn't purchase that 5-axis milling machine. You can always use an extra axis or two.[:D]

Do a good turn daily!
Don

PenWorks

Virgil, don't know wwwhhhhyyyyy the b/w, I must have pressed something wrong, several turned out that way. I barrowed my daughters camera, so wasn't real familar with it.
Never had time to take a pic at the Pen Rendezvous.

Wayne, had a great time, but I think the presenters last year were better. Hope you can swing it next year. I just might drive next year and bring back some of that wood. [:)]

Glad you like the pics, I'll say it again, it was beautifull country, great weather and good people.

Scott

Anthony!

Those pictures make me homesick! I really miss attending the Rendezvous and the Symposium. [:(] But seeing your pictures sure brightened my day! [8D] Thanks!

Scott.

PenWorks

Originally posted by Chuck Key
<br />
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
I do believe this modell 900 has my name on it

Would love to get my name on a 900!

Group Buy, Group Buy, Group Buy, Group Buy, Group Buy.

Chuckie

Chuckie, if it makes you feel better, I will write your name on it after I put it together [:D]
The guy had me when he said he would knock off 20% for Legacy owners, then after I beat him up for more free stuff, it was a done deal [:p]

PenWorks

I plan on keepping it and leave it set up for smaller projects.
It is a good machine, just limited in the type of patterns it will cut.

thetalbott4

Anthony - Great pics! Isnt Skips place nice? What a great guy. He does some incredible carving work. Did you see his new Jarrah Burl carvings? They kinda look like a number 6 or a nike symbol.

dfurlano

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Virgil, don't know wwwhhhhyyyyy the b/w, I must have pressed something wrong, several turned out that way. I barrowed my daughters camera, so wasn't real familar with it.
Never had time to take a pic at the Pen Rendezvous.

Wayne, had a great time, but I think the presenters last year were better. Hope you can swing it next year. I just might drive next year and bring back some of that wood. [:)]

Glad you like the pics, I'll say it again, it was beautifull country, great weather and good people.

Funny thing is there are two brown shelfs on the left side of the photo....

its_virgil

Scott,
I saw the jarrah burl carvings/sculptures. They are incredible.

Dan,
I did not notice the brown beams. Than's strange. Maybe Anthony's daughter's camera has selective color/b&w...but I look much better in color.[:D]

Do a good turn daily!
Don

PenWorks

Yea, those carvings were great, I have pics of those. Skip did a demo using his arbitech & grinding techniques at Treeline on Super Wed. Those tools really hog the wood out. Probablly my next purchase after I get out of hawk from this trip.

Virgil, they didn't have color when you were born......
Come to think of it, did they even have TV [:D]

PenWorks

Not to keep you guys in the dark, here are the carvings Skip made

20066230258_pr_skipcarving.jpg
<br />

20066230323_pr_skipgrinding.jpg
<br />
Skip gringing out a bowl, using an arbitech

2006623044_pr_specialeffect.jpg
<br />
Some more special effects, wish I could do it again [:D]

thetalbott4

Anthony - Nice shots of Skips carvings! I just noticed that some of my pens are in the pic of Skips bowls, in the lower right hand corner. Small world. By the way - my telecaster loves your Fender shirt. Nothin like puffing on a cigar, turning pens and playing guitar! My wife says I'm a 40 year old 16 year old. Can ya relate?

PenWorks

Originally posted by thetalbott4
<br /> Can ya relate?
Yep, except the body don't move or heal as fast as it used to [:D]

My bro took care of me for my birthday, new Fender ash tray, lighter, shirts and lunch box[:)]

Darley

Good little show Anthony, hope you guys have a good time at the Provo show, for me I'm not ready to turn yet all tools and gears still pack, busy with work, and on top of that I have to re-arranged the in-law's garden shed for a workshop[:D], maybe for spring ( September)

Serge

PenWorks

Hey Serge good to hear from you mate. I thought you would like those pics. Not good to hear no turning till spring, wait a minute, how can it be spring in September ! [:D]

Darley

Yes it's true we are back to front here in OZLand and Spring will be good for casting, I will have then the pain pot that Don going to send me, got to do 5 Sea Snake pens in order, now is too cold here, was on the chat last Tuesday and will try to be there too next week,

Serge

Hi Anthony,

A super post, great pics... Provo looks like it'sa great gathering. While at the AAW last week I got to meet and speak with Sharon, she was very down to earth, her Celtic knot designed bowls are a real pleasure to see in person as well!
[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom