Casting Programs for label casting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jxdubbs

Hi,
I want to get into label casting I've never done it before. I know you need tube in molds. What type of labels should I buy? A whole sheet, and cut them out? Or do I but the closed size? The BIGGEST question is... what program should I use? Any info would be helpful.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Argo13

I buy mine from onlinelabels.com
Product- OL177WJ - Weatherproof Matte Inkjet - 8.5" x 11" Full Sheet Label No Back Slit - Sticker Paper. You have to buy a pack of 100 but I find it worth it. weatherproof labels eliminates the need to seal the image. I use a program called paint shop pro to size the image to size. It's a cheaper alternative to photoshop. I'm sure there are others. You can also get sizing templates from ptownsubbies.com

Hope this helps

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I agree with Jason on onlinelabels.com I was able to buy 20 sheets. Cost me $25.00 for three month membership.
It's been awhile, so things might have changed since then. But definitely onlinelabels.com for me.
Also definitely ptownsubbie.com for sizing templates, and label rolling jigs.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I also use Online Labels but I use OL125WJ, Weatherproof Matte for Inkjet, 4"x2", 10 labels per sheet.

As far as programs go, I do any post-processing that needs to be done in Photoshop Elements. I print the images using Open Office Presentation.

TonyL

There is a member that places a black border around the label. This makes he seam practically invisible. I was amazed by his work, I just don't remember who it was.

its_virgil

There is a member that places a black border around the label. This makes he seam practically invisible. I was amazed by his work, I just don't remember who it was.
I have always tried to use a black background or at least a black border. Use a black sharpie to "paint" the overlapping edge black so the overlap does not show. Attached is a label I am currently working on for several pens. Luckily their logo was on a black background.

I build and size the art work in photoshop. Save as a jpg and drop as many images as I can onto a blank word document to print.

casting with Alumilite clear. No sealing necessary. I have also cast with polyester resin and sealed the image on the tube with thin CA. I have not cast with the epoxies but my understanding is they work fine. I do use Royal Palm original for snake skins and will be trying it for labels shortly.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• axis 2.png
    axis 2.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 178
  • axis blank.jpg
    axis blank.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 198
  • axis sheet.jpg
    axis sheet.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 186

John473p

Why do my labels peel off the tube during clear casting. I get a perfectly clear cast but the label has started to peel and shows the brass tube.

Top Bottom