Professor Pens - All Mesquite Line Up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from thomgarner

thomgarner

I completed 3 new Professor style Pens all in Mesquite ... One is Mesquite Burl, one is Mesquite Heartwood, and the last one is just some nice looking Mesquite. All have a satin CA finish to go with the antique brass and antique chrome ... hope you enjoy and have a blessed week ...

Professor Pens Mesquite 1 (1).jpg Professor Pens Mesquite 1 (2).jpg Professor Pens Mesquite 1 (3).jpg Professor Pens Mesquite 1 (5).jpg Professor Pens Mesquite 1 (4).jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
One of my/our favorite "kitchen counter pens" is a Knurl with a Mesquite burl blank. Turned 4 years ago, probably a WOP finish. Still looks/feels fine. It looks like door #1 or #2, above. Your blanks are paired well with the platings - very nice!

magpens

Super nice !!

Can you buy CA that cures to a satin finish ? . Or how do you "satinize" it ? . Steel wool ?

thomgarner

There are two ways that I have accomplished a satin finish ... one is on purpose the other was cheapness on my part ...
Yes, I used steel wool on these then used a plastic polish ... the other way I discovered to get a semi-satin finish is to by cheap CA glue ;)

Mlengal

I completed 3 new Professor style Pens all in Mesquite ... One is Mesquite Burl, one is Mesquite Heartwood, and the last one is just some nice looking Mesquite. All have a satin CA finish to go with the antique brass and antique chrome ... hope you enjoy and have a blessed week ...

View attachment 231537 View attachment 231538 View attachment 231539 View attachment 231541 View attachment 231540
I just ordered these pens the other day. I'll have to try a satin CA finish. I didn't know there was CA like that

Top Bottom