Problem with Woodturningz Lighthouse pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I recently made 2 Lighthouse pens from Woodturningz for a customer. They have contacted me saying that it lights up when placed on its side and thus runs the batteries down. I contacted Woodturningz but so far they have no solution on how to correct this. Has anyone else that has made the Lighthouse pen had this problem and if so how did you correct it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I have a few of these but have yet to turn one. Hopefully someone can address this. I will take a look at the kit tomorrow and see if i see something odd.

SpiritRider

I made one for my wife and it did the same thing. Find a small o ring. I started with a hair rubber band that I use for my beard.

SpiritRider

At the base of the light globe

Attachments

• 20240324_042503.jpg
    20240324_042503.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 38

TonyL

I like that pen, but haven't bought the kit. Does the o-ring still allow the pen to operate (light-up) as it should or must it be removed to get it to light? Thank you.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I like that pen, but haven't bought the kit. Does the o-ring still allow the pen to operate (light-up) as it should or must it be removed to get it to light? Thank you.
It was working correctly with the o-ring remaining in place when I gave it back to the customer this morning .

Top Bottom