Problem with Virtuoso kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

I recently received two Virtuoso kits from Woodturningz. I turned and polished a body for the satin chrome kit. I pressed the finial into the body, and then realized the transmission was missing from the pen mechanism. So I checked the satin gunmetal kit, and the transmission was there. I was going to use that transmission with the satin chrome kit, but apparently it's not removable. I disassembled the chrome pen, and pressed the gunmetal finial/clip into the body. But as I was pushing the two parts of the pen together, it stopped. No matter how hard I pushed, it wouldn't go in any farther. Now I can't pull it apart, either.

I thought maybe I had trimmed the body too much, I have done that before. But I compared the tube from the other kit with the body, and it's good. Has anybody made one of these pens? If so, did you have any problems? Any ideas how I can pull this pen apart? I tried prying it gently with a screwdriver, but even that didn't do it. I have emailed Woodturningz, but thought I'd see if any of you had any ideas.

Attachments

• 055b.jpg
    055b.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 170

jttheclockman

The refill needs to sit perfect in tranny with those type of refills. You get that with sierras too. As far as pulling apart not sure why you can not do that. Maybe just try turning the refill and it will lock into position. May need a pair of pliers. That is my guess.

Top Bottom