Problem with disassembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

My grandson and I were working on a Fancy Slimline Click Pen and pencil set for his girlfriend. Pencil went OK but in assembling the pen, the instructions weren't real clear. Anyway we are in a quandry how to disassemble it. The top and bottom are stuck bad...glue in the tube probably. Tried the punch way but nothing. Punch in the chuck in the quill on the lathe. Nothing. Only thing would be to destroy the acrylic and use two pair of pliers to twist and turn (Not Twist and Shout!). He is going to stop by about 6:30ish to get the pen and see what he can do. Ordered two more kits and the blank as backup. TIA.

Kenny Durrant

If you think it's FA Glue try putting a few drops of Acetone or fingernail polish remover inside the tide to try to loosen it up. I wouldn't soak it so not to ruin the blank or make the brass tube slip in the blank.

Woodchipper

I got it apart this afternoon. I wrapped two pieces of bike inner tube around the two parts and twisted/pulled with pliers. It worked but the tube was thin; had to do damage control with micro mesh and Hutt polish. Have a tire innertube that is thicker if needed again. I wasn't able to get one scratch out completely but one has to run your finger tips over it to feel it. Grandson is coming by to get the kit and the pen press to finish it.
The pen is for his girlfriend and he was getting antsy about getting it done. Oh, the days of youth!

Top Bottom