Problem with Berea Flashlight?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnGreco

JohnGreco

I was wondering if anybody has had trouble with the Berea flashlight keychain kits? I ordered 3. 1 works great, 1 cuts in and out and the other doesn't turn on at all. I've switched batteries around as well as the end that screws on and the results are the same.

Has anybody had this happen, and if so, is there a fix?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jallan

I never made that kit but if there is a small metal flap in the bottom of the socket where the bulb screws in pull that flap out just a very small amount and see if that does solve the prob. sounds like the bulb is not making good contact in the socket.

TLTHW

If it is the same as the woodcraft one, I had trouble with the circuit board not making contact with the body of the flashlight. I had to pop the lens and circuit board out and clean some residue off that was preventing the circuit board from seating properly. After that it has worked fine.

JohnGreco

I just folded up some masking tape so it was thick but smaller in diameter than the lens, then smushed it in the pen press with the tape against the lens and it seems that extra pressure down on the O-ring was what I needed for a better connection. All working great now. Thanks!

carlmorrell

I'm having problems with one also. I think my attitude toward this thing jinxed it. To start with, I have a 1000 drill bits, but not a 33/64. End rant.

Anyhow, no light.

It had a fun time popping the lens in, how do I get it out?

TIA, Carl

carlmorrell

Never mind, I did not realize the lens was not in far enough. What a dumb design. Thanks John Greico for having the same issue as I had:biggrin:

Top Bottom