Prizes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
NewLondon88 sent pictures along with his donation description, so here they are if the contest-meister who claims his prize wants to use them:

There's some amboyna, pink ivory, highly figured orangish cocobolo, figured tan and brown cocobolo, figured reddish
cocobolo, cherry burl, spalted maple, lacewood, curly bubinga,
apple, jarrah burl, myrtle burl, very curly walnut, kingwood,
claro walnut, snakewood, yellow mallee burl, bocote, marblewood,
bamboo, morado, knotty red cedar (it took many board feet to
get just the knotty stuff!) as well as a few TruStone blanks and
some acrylester (molten metal, crushed mud etc.)

Pictures

Attachments

• blanks2.jpg
    blanks2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 95
  • blanks3.jpg
    blanks3.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 91
  • blanks4.jpg
    blanks4.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 86
  • blanks5.jpg
    blanks5.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 87
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Andrew ... great work!

Did you happen to notice the new Business classified from Boston Craftworks? I'd say he's a prime target for your solicitations. :biggrin:

wudnhed

Hi Andrew, would you like me to simplify your list by putting all donation prizes together, all blank boxes together etc. and then group them for each contest? Are there 3 prizes per contest? If so, I can bundle into 3s and you guys can make changes as you see fit.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
That sounds fine, Becca! However it works for you is fine by me!

I don't think each contest has three prizes though...check with ed4copies; he did a list of the number of prizes required before, so he'd be the best person to check with...

And thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!

wudnhed

Andrew, according to Ed's spreadsheet, there are 90 prizes needed. We have well over 90 and that's just in the Supplier's section. Please don't add anymore. Do we want to add a 2nd place prize to the single prize contests? Do we want to make the prizes more bountiful? Does Jeff want to save the extras for things during the year? PLMK!
Thanks,
Becca

Scott

Andrew, just an update. I heard back from Ben Williams at CSUSA yesterday, but he did not have a specific list of prizes for me, so I am still waiting to hear exactly what they are donating. I'm going to try to call him this afternoon and firm this up, otherwise I'll be into next week.

Scott.

DocStram

IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING PRIZES

Attention Bash Crew:

Trying to follow the Prizes for the Bash is getting way too confusing ... at least for me :biggrin:.

Rather than having discussions regarding prizes going on in two different threads ..... let's stay in one thread.

Please switch the discussion of prizes over to the first thread ....

"CONTESTS AND PRIZES"

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Randy_

Yeah and let's be sure we have a list of prizes that is public where everyone can view the information. It doesn't do us any good if the most current list of prizes is Ed's spreadsheet. Last time I looked, the list in this forum was not up to date.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Up until yesterday, there were still prizes being offered and added. So, the spreadsheets have changed as needed.

IF everyone is content that all future additions (today Gadget has volunteered some of his molds, I am told -so NO ONE wants them????? ----I WOULD!!) will be allocated to the "extras", I will happily post the "FINAL, FINAL, FINAL version"

You guys run the show, just let me know what you want.

IF WE POST THEM PUBLICLY, THEY ARE CARVED IN GRANITE. No one wants to see THEIR prize donation replaced by a NICER prize. When they don't know it's happening, it's no problem, but if we make this public --- the issue is CLOSED!!

Last edited:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Update:

I think we FINALLY have all the prizes in. As of today, there are NO emails in my inbox from people who missed the call for prizes. So I think we can safely assume that we're all caught up in this regard.

Next step is to see how many extras we have in a week or two, and reevaluate what we're going to do with the extras then. I think we were leaning toward a last-chance-loser's raffle, with cheap tickets. But that's still up in the air. We might find that there's a drastic need for a few more prizes for a certain contest.

In the meantime, if you're running a contest and find that you really would like another category, we still have some prizes left over!

Andrew

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mudder has expressed an interest in adding a few to equal what was offered last year in the "best article". Apparently, some guy got a great prize just for nominating the winning entry.

He said the guy had a screen name that had "smart" in it. Scott also recalled that he was a Canuck.

I noticed that Maxwell_Smart007 was the FIRST to nominate someone in Scott's contest THIS year. You DON'T SUPPOSE there is any connection there???

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Was the "nominator" precedent intentionally abandoned, or did we just "forget it" while assigning prizes.

I can (personally) go either way on this one, so direction is requested!!!

(Meaning I have no strong opinion one way or the other!!)

Randy_

Heads up, all you prize folks.

Just recieved a comment from TowMater. His name is Todd, not Tony. Please correct your records.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom